Random Boundless-Induced Lucid Dream I had a while ago

In the dream I was playing Boundless, and the developers decided to add a ton of micro-transactions, and even went to the length that if you die in-game, you have to pay actual MONEY to respawn (with ALL your stuff). I was just thinking “wait, the boundless developers would never do this!”. I looked around, thought “wait this isn’t my house”, and I realized I was in a dream. I flew around for a bit then woke up. That was fun.

2 Likes

I’ve got to say, if I were Evil Game Company Exec Paka :smiling_imp: here, I’d be thinking you hit on a heck of an idea for the F2P cash grabs… a respawn timer you could shorten or eliminate with payment! Maybe some are already doing that? That would be interesting to know… on one hand you’d think gamers wouldn’t put up with that but on the other I think of time-gated stuff in some that is just as bad and with this you could argue learning to play well would offset it. But I just don’t follow those sorts of games too closely, maybe it is already common. I would never APPROVE of it but it does send the $$$ wheels in my brain spinning. :joy:

I love gaming dreams, I get a lot, my brain particularly seems to like NMS and Minecraft. I get very detailed ones with NMS, and very long ones with MC. I dream often in vivid colors with a lot of realism so that is cool… flip side is bad nightmares sometimes.

1 Like

oh no…
curse you subconscious

but in all seriousness you actually couldn’t respawn in the dream without payment. If a company makes this a thing I swear.

I’ve also had a few other boundless-related dreams. One was a timed event in Boundless where you could run through some parkour and building contests. If you got enough XP, you’d get a special rank (I think it was “Oortian”). The normal timer was 6 hours long but you could extend the timer by placing Oortstone. I built a whole statue out of Oortstone and had over 17 hours left to finish it (and I got enough XP). I guess this could become a dream discussion thread lol

1 Like

So I had a random Boundless dream last night. They added an event where you killed certain special mobs to get random pieces of enchanted jewelry with various effects. They also added in the Allay from Minecraft… weird, but figured I’d post it. :joy:

2 Likes

hahahaha, I’d love that! I wonder how the Allay would work or look in-game though lol.

1 Like