Random death for no reason

When I was going through a few portals to get back to my base, I had suddenly died. I had full health and hunger and I was in an enclosed area.

I’ve always wondered that too … why my health bar goes down almost to death when I cross a portal … only when I come from a portal 5 or 6 I think

2 Likes

Did the game display any messages on the right explaining what caused the health loss before the Defeated message itself appeared?

No, I didn’t see one

A friend of mine said his friend had the same problem

Myself and another have been having the same thing occur. Random death at high health with no reason given.

1 Like

It doesn’t even display a damage amount, just “defeated” pop up

1 Like

i didn’t hear any sound either, other than the defeated sound piece

I’ve seen the thing where my health suddenly drops low then bounces back up with the high level portals. Also had a weird random death the other day, it is possible there was a mob I didn’t see but I’m pretty sure it was clear. It was at the TNT hub, came out of my portal, grappled on to their store sign, and as soon as I hit the sign, boom, dead. Sounded like a mob hit me but didn’t see anything. :thinking:

… Maybe just got smited for my bad manners in not taking the stairs like a civilized Oortian. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

How often does the random death occur? If any of you get it again, could you submit a game log so that we can see what’s going on?

Its happened only once to me, but I’ll be sure to submit one if it happens again.

Do you have a high reel speed grapple and happened to let go at the last second? I’ve smashed myself into buildings on accident doing that.

1 Like

That might have been it, thanks! Interesting! Glad there were no witnesses at least, whoops… :flushed: I’d have probably laughed if I saw somebody else do it, I admit!

It can be really confusing though. I can’t imagine what it looks like to onlookers, but now I’m interested to find out haha

1 Like

that reminds me of this one time some one shot them self up while following me, and then when they landed they died right in front of me. :joy:

2 Likes

… I’d have had to seriously restrain myself to be nice and not to do the clap or facepalm emote if that happened to me, but if others were around to see it would probably just be too tempting. :joy:

It never does, for the fatal blow.
I made a thread about this. It would be really nice if the game told us how we died.

1 Like

It’s always frustrated me, when I was low level it happened to me a lot on T3.

I’m not sure about every case, or being enclosed but if something kills you in one hit you get no indication of what it was. You can’t move the camera around and if it’s a hopper it will be gone anyways.

Big hoppers are the worst.