Random trivial info

Looks like gladeflower can grow on the wild surface of blocks that used to be the ground so long as it’s on the exterior surface of your plot…

Anybody have any other random, peculiar game facts?

2 Likes

I get a couple of these too.

I occasionally harvest them just to see where they grow back.

3 Likes

Considering that wildflowers spawn in fixed locations and are regenable, I can’t see much of a need for that.

I didn’t even know thy were regenerable, but i would have sworn for a while there was only one down on my south corner, then one time after i killed it another appeared.

I did just finish going over there, and playing with this.

One of them i harvested and then regenerated three times, worked every time. The other one hasn’t come back. I’ve bombed it a few times.

No idea what’s up with that. TBH it’s (obviously) not like I’ve been tracking locations, I just smash them every once in a while when i pass by,heh.

OOC, was the one that isn’t regening possibly floating? They made a change a couple updates back about those. Otherwise, if a block exists where a wildflower grows it should keep coming back unless beaconed.

The placement is only true for wildflowers; resource flowers/rock/fungi don’t follow the same rule.

Definitely not floating, and it was the one that was always there before. Hmm, though they are half blocks there. If it’s been enough time and depending on which side of the block it was on and when they did that update …

Who knows. Sometime in the next couple days I’ll remember to go check and see if it came back. I do vaguely remember something about floating plants but don’t remember when, it didn’t seem important to me at the time.

It’s on a block, but the block is chiseled. If the update was within the last several weeks this might be the first time i broke it since then.

They don’t have to spawn back in the same plot or chunk. They might appear miles away.
Or they don’t have to respawn at all. I dont think regen system keeps the same allocated amount of every resource per planet.
So when 100 silver or fungi or flowers or any other non-block with regen ability are gathered, regeneration process respawn a number of them that might be lower or higher.

As for spawning on surface of player-placed blocks, it might indicate that surface resources are allocated to a block of air rather than block that it grows on. So as long as there is a block of air free, and there is no specific block type requirement to grow on, it spawns back.

I might be wrong of course.

Well i thought they would spawn back somewhere in the same plot/chunk the same as resource plants do but apparently not.

Also the regen bomb definitely did bring the one plant right back and into the exact same spot.

It was a learning experience lol. But now i also lost a plant :frowning:

I guess if it spawns back later or in another spot it will become clear there’s more than one thing going on. It’s quite possible though that it was on the chiseled half of the block and i just lost it to that “floating plant” update toumashii just mentioned.

In which case I suppose i could unchisel the block and regen the plant and then chisel it again if I decide I miss the flower on my boardwalk.

1 Like