Re-Rolling your planet

I’m rerolling mine for colors until the ones my guild needs pop.

5 Likes

I picked other, because it’s a combination of things.

I do not have enough plots to build what I want right now. So if i dont have enough plots by the time my planet needs to renew then I wont pay for my current planet next month. I’ll just reroll when I do have enough plots.

Also, i wanted more gold on my planet, it was rather low.

I also need some flat terrain for my big build which I didn’t know before I bought the planet. Because I purchased the planet impulsively because I was excited, and didn’t think about what I wanted to build until after I created it.

I also am not sure what atmosphere will show my build best.

1 Like

Ahh was it. I put blinders on to polls and never notice them. Hate polls

But I wouldn’t consider it as a re roll either

We’ve got a few in our guild who are color cycling worlds.

2 Likes

Gonna reroll because of :

1. the weather
  2. wrong world size (I mean, I love the size, not the pricing)
2 Likes

cave type and frequency should be an option

the biome selection bit needs more pics (some of them have caves that have nothing to do with the biome making it look completely different and there should be a note that the biome itself doesn’t generate water in many cases

I re-rolled because of caves.

4 Likes

My only real gripe is that we can’t turn the atmosphere color off. I like the toxic t6 as far as the biomes and generation but I just absolutely hate the atmosphere color filter. I’ll probably be rerolling to chill since that atmosphere is pretty ‘clear’ considering.

My metal world was a fun jump back in to things and has helped me level after coming back and get some decent rock color and I’ll probably reroll that in to a lush.

Do chill worlds have an increased chance to spawn white rock?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s possible to get 100% satisfaction if it comes to terrain. Too many variables in play to avoid some weird spots.
But 70-80% of a world being to my liking is enough.

I got my hunting T3 on that “yes level” on first try so it’s a keeper.
But my world for lore-based building projects I re-rolled 5 times so far (I think, could be 6 lol). I was bent on getting T4 but there were always some nasty surprises (unexpected swiss cheese areas, too mountainy, too much dirt and too little grass etc.). At the end I went one tier down, used experience from previous rolls and I got meself 90% agreeable planet. Happy out! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m curious if the system is working as Wonderstruck intended. Did they think we would buy hundreds of planets just to have 90% of them scrapped or did they think that we’d all get one or two planets and just maintain them.

1 Like

they often get surprised by people creativity and persistence when they try to get what they want lol

like the bomb mining and chisel power leveling

I suppose they were smashed by the number of requests - james will have nightmares with private worlds falling from the skies on his house.

5 Likes

When the initial set of orders rolled in, some of their comments around the forums implied they only expected around 100 planets to be ordered in the first rush, not the 200-300 they got. Anything beyond that is speculation, but I would guess they were optimistic and thought people would be happy with their planets. I’m new here, but as far as I know, none of the permanent planets have been rejected, so they may have had their expectations set by that.

1 Like

how would a permanent planet be rejected? I am missing something.

Presumably collective outrage that convinces the devs to reroll it. I’ve only been here 2 months, so idk what happened in the ancient past.

The spirit of what I said was… Since the community has always accepted and found a way to use each planet, the devs may have thought that most people would go that way. Pure speculation, since we don’t have internet-powered mind-reading machines.

I will say that since players are getting multiple planets you cannot interpret the results to say that x % of the planets will be re-rolled. The best you can say is that a large percentage of players have at least one planet to reroll. That could be 25% of the total or 80% of the total if these players rented a lot of planets, but we cannot tell from this poll. We may have to wait for a month and see which are not renewed.

ok I understand. but to the best of my recollection they have never redone a public planet. They have modified planets for resources to balance the game or add a feature (Farming) but not erased a planet.

I do not disagree that if the intent of the planets was more a way to give players space to build uninterrupted then the number of planets spawned had to be a surprise.

I know I got 3 planets in total and I’m going to drop 2 for sure and possibly the 3rd. I thought I needed planets for resources but those are more abundant now than anything else and quite a few are open to the public.

2 Likes

I got like 10 in total and only 2 or 3 will stay. Just an example.
Didn’t plan on re-rolling at all. But picking right balance of biomes proved more difficult than I anticipated.

4 Likes