Real Estate

I think what @Havok40k is refering to is a different thing. What we were talking about was actually kind of like buying the whole house designed by someone so you can start building it somewhere using the design as a reference in game. So like you will maybe see a outline ingame and just follow it.

Which is exactly what the blueprint is for?
My thoughts are to have a trading option to purchase finish homes at the current location easily (similiar to actual real estate) and to have blueprints be completely seperate to do exactly what you just described:p
Allowing you to build someoneā€™s design, or simply purchase a finished home directly.
The blueprint would allow you to choose your own location but you would need to build it.
Purchasing a home would force you to stay in that location, but you wouldnā€™t have to build it yourself.
But having an actual trade system for finished builds would be nice considering it would help prevent people from trying to steal homes, items, or coins as I described above.
Hopefully this helps clear it up. Although perhaps Iā€™m just misunderstanding the two of you and Iā€™m just being dumb;)

What I was thinking in mind is something like what Empyrion has. Someone builds/design a base/vehicle in creative mode (aka infinite blocks of everything available). Said someone publishes the blueprint (it is actually called a blueprint) to steam. Everyone browses the blueprints for cool designs (in this case the Steam workshop), someone else likes it downloads it (we r still referring to how Empyrion does it here), gets into game, chooses the blueprint and sends it to the factory to get it ready to be made, starts dumping required resources in factory to get it made, waits x minutes/hrs for factory to complete. When its done, he/she can then spawn the base/vehicle where he/she wants it. Once its spawn he/she can immediately use it.

I know this is Boundless and not Empyrion, but it would be nice to have something similar and call it real estate in here, :slight_smile:

I think if it were going to be something built in a free mode and added to steam for others to use, it should only be usable in a free mode. Making it available in this way would remove the player driven market place that could accompany the two separate ideas of blueprints and real estate within the game. Those who choose to make their fortune this way would not be able to make any profit from their work if they were simply taken from steam.

You got me wrong. I was explaining Empyrionā€™s system. I was using it as a frame of reference. Replace the Steam Workshop part with the Real Estate system to buy and sell, that becomes the Boundless system (hopefully), along with whatever modifications (like buy-plop, buy-build, etc).

1 Like

Now I got you. Weā€™re on the same track I believe:p
I would really love to see a system like this implemented!