Really, just venting about %#*&$*^ on steam

It suddenly became a generation issue lol but i kinda agree with her. People have been complaining wayyy too much in the forums… i even saw ppl complaining about bug fixes. I mean really, its like having a car, then a mechanic goes and fix your car for free and you complain that they take too long to fix it and then ask them to add upgrades on it while saying rude things to them. You guys really need to chill :slight_smile: they give free updates, bug fixes, NOT PAID DLCs like other games. Play the game, and if you’re unhappy, play something else. No need to be toxic like the world will end or something :grin:

5 Likes

And also people are so narrow minded and self absorbed they dont pause and differentiate between a greedfuled dev team or publisher with almost unlimited staff and resources
(EA, Activison, to some degree konami and bethesda and soo many others)

And a self relient (almost) developer with limited recources and staff available. Where people make a game they want to make and are genuinly and personally invested in the game.

I really dislike how some people behave and say things online that they never, ever would have said face to face.

I mean come on!! The same rules apply to all form of communication. But even those people who behave really rude and inapropriate online would view someone exhibiting the same behaviour face to face as a psycopath.

This is one of the major moral gaps between millenials and those before that time. Ofc there are tons of exeptions, i know alot of old people, especially guys from 35-50 who are complete idiots online.

If i had a dime for every guy ive berated on facebook for being stupid and inapropriate idd be debt free.

2 Likes

But i got to say, out of all the forums ive been on, this is definetly one of the better. Even the people i argue with are better. :stuck_out_tongue:

This forum only have one impossible fellow but i wont stoop to namecalling :wink:

2 Likes

its weird how some people come up with some kind of generation tribalism >.< 2-4 generations ago was world war, then the post war lost generation and then… does it really matter? >millenials< … how i hate this terminology

2 Likes

Just so we’re on the same page, I’m assuming you are referencing the millennial gamers as being more “soft” or “snowflake” when it comes to gaming? I’m not offended either way but wanted to get the ambiguity out of the way :slight_smile:

I hate it when people dump on millennials, or xgen, or any spout any stereotype. I know plenty of people in different generations that are highly intelligent & don’t act like fools or babies.

Society in general has gone into the toilet. People can nit-pick and try to blame just one group, but it’s across the board. This post is starting to resemble facebook. Cringe!

4 Likes

Yeah, i do. in the way that they give up too easy.
I mean, i remember when they normalised attack damage in world of warcraft
(which nerfed my rogue alot but it was needed) and the ensuing whine was laughable.
But then it was just a few, and they werent as angry and more like whiney sourpusses…

So maybe soft in the way they give up easily.
And snowflake that they blame it on others and some even goes balistic.

But its not really that, the biggest issue is that they have very different standard for acceptable online behaviour. Even those that dont exhibit rude or extreme online behaviour have no problem or react much to those that do.

Its a type of behaviour which is detrimental for good mental health and personal growth in the long run.
Especially as more and more social interactions are done online. The more time you spend in that state the worse you become.

Ive had a couple of friends who got stuck in life, en now hangs with people 10years younger and are a part of those social groups, especially online.

And ive had some friends who have eneded cought up in the chase for social status. Money, carerer and apperance wise.

Ive also had a couple of friends whos done way too much cocain.

These people have all really screwed themselves when it comes to self awearness and perception.
They’ve all becoum rather insufferable people.
I think its getting locked into a mental state with an very self sentered invard pointing focus over a too long time. Stuck in you own bubble. It makes you like this, i just feel that the mentioned generations have many more «opportunitys» to get cought up in such situasions.

All generations have their probloms and quirks, and often the next generation creates a new fault or flaw in their persuit to do right what their parents did wrong.

But the issue now is how much power and influence the media have, and how we are able to analyze and document this social or morality change or whatnot better then ever.

Should be a good opportunity to get the importent issues to light and adress them no?
Its our best chance so far so lets use it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You never know who you are actually playing with/against. There have been a few times that I was certain I was playing against a toxic raging 14 year old edgelord…only to find out that it was actually a 55 year old father that was teaching his 7 year old how to play the game (not this game). And vise versa…I have been shocked a few times to discover that a player of a mature game was an 8 year old.

2 Likes

Tin foil hat…engage…
All I will say about the media is…1984 lol
Don’t believe anything you hear/see. It’s all bs.

You kids need to get off my lawn. Go on. Get off or I’ll call the cops.

Bah, humbug. Back in my day we had to make up our own games. No computers. No cards. No milk caps. just sticks and rocks, and we had to cut out own sticks with sharp rocks. We had to sharpen our own rocks, too, with sticks we had to gnaw with our own teeth. If we still had teeth. Kids today. I tell you.

7 Likes

Its just that i used to work as a teacher was the «main» (homeroom?) teacher for several classes from 4-7th grade. And its through that and my students personal life, ive also worked special cases with students with social challanges and dificult backstories and alot of different music oriented activities targeting disadvantaged youth. Ive seen the other side of the scale and worked on schools in the poshest neighbourhoods.
This has shown me alot of this stuff and how it effects all socioeconomic groups. Hence why i call it an generation issue.

For some reason there are actually a large group of men from early fortys to late fifties who aldo exhibit the same kind of online behaviour.

It must be a part of them losing the ability to excersise controll, force and power ad much as they could 10-30 years ago. But thats a really good thing.

I try not to generalize but I do think today’s gaming design decisions perpetuate the impatient gamer in the younger generation. Versus what “old school” gamers used to endure “back in the day”. For example;

• loot boxes
  • micro-transactions encouraged to accelerate leveling
  • level 50 grind mechanics

These appeal to impatient gamers

Someones going to hate me for this😔
But i really dont belive people want the games they think they do.

I mean the sucecss of the souls series kinda proves that. atleast a part of the gaming population dont appreciate this trend. I mean dark souls got trendier with each release and dark souls 4 would be darksiders or something else 100% non challanging.

Its lilke cheating in heroes 3, oblivion, morrowind or any game. Its fun for a while, then the fun balloon just deflates.
It almost feels like im torpedoing my emotional investememt in a game everytime ive done something like that.

I’dd definitly play this game.

Sheesh, I was just frustrated, tired, upset with the attitude of what I see as those who feel entitled and wanted to vent, get it out of my system. Not start a argument here.
I have a son who is now 34, who gave a cry for help when he said he was going to kill himself when a freshman. He was the oddball kid, didn’t fit in. Some teachers went he is slow, no, he’s bored. You’re just one of those mom’s.
I’m not trying to rant on teachers, there are a Lot of great teachers, I’ve had great ones in school. I’ve also had lousy ones, it is that way in every school.
For him, it was hard. I had enough when they refused to let him take algebra class but he looked at my college text book, the examples, closed his eyes and after a few seconds gave me the answers. They were correct.
Had to force the school to test him. the kid who was slow, didn’t want to do the work because he wasn’t capable, on and on went the remarks. He was tested with a IQ of 164. Was told that he had a unique way of seeing things. NASA would love to get their hands on him because of how he comes up with answers.
Because of him and his problems and the encouragement of his therapist and psych doctor I went back to college, majoring in psychology. Learned a lot there, one of the major topics being examined was the attitude of entitlement of the kids of that day. Give all kids a reward just for trying, trophies for showing up for practice, need to improve their self-esteem. Tell them they can do anything, be anything they want to be.

Just as in anything, many took it too far and now many, not all, but many have the attitude of they deserve to have it given to them, they don’t have to work for it. Read articles and research papers on employers going they are firing “kids” really adults ages 25-35 who go they shouldn’t have to work hard, they deserve a good salary, promotions, bonuses and more but don’t want to do the work.
Each generation has a problem, the hippie generation that wanted to do drugs, make love not war, the next one, the next one and the next one, and it will continue as long as humans are alive.

Present day, we are able to hide from anyone knowing who we are by using the internet. We can say things, acts in nasty ways, be rude, hurt others emotionally, psychologically, and not suffer any consequences because no one knows who we are.
We can be spoiled brats from wealthy families who have had it given to us and have no idea of what it cost to do anything. And not just in money, but in all areas. Hard physical labor, emotional demands and much more that many of these kids have never experienced.

Growing up in the baby boomer age gave me a different viewpoint of life. I try to see the good in others, to appreciate what they do. To understand why people behave the way they do, sometimes I succeed, sometimes I am understanding. Sometimes I just fall flat on my face. It gets to me and I rant/vent. If it had been one person, or even two I could have ignored it, but it was several in several different threads. I was in pain, going on around 4 to 5 hours sleep a night is getting me to be less patient, understanding and willing to overlook. Got it out of my system, now willing to be a more understanding.
Society is part to blame. Media is part to blame, tv shows, book, movies, cartoons are part to blame. Each on their own would be okay, add them all at the developing stages of kids today, where many overworked, frantic parents use the tv as a babysitter and it is no wonder that kids have warped ideas of what is right and what is wrong.
Behaviors, actions, problems that kids had that were hidden years ago are now in the open. Mental health is a safe topic, not as shaming as it used to be to state, I am Bipolar, on medication for the last 18 years and am stable, can function and no long think of killing myself. I’m not ashamed to admit it and it needs to be seen as no more than any other illness, treatable and controllable.
Discussing it helps to bring about awareness, to help in understanding the causes, see the solutions, and even have empathy for some who are struggling with it. That is even for the jerks who were ranting. Maybe they were having a bad day, their boss had just dumped on them, they lost their job, kids flunking in school and have a don’t care attitude, who knows what they were facing and used Steam as a place to vent as no one knows who they are in real life.
As usual, too long, said too much, will stop here.

2 Likes

uhm… thats good i guess? or do u wish some more children should do hard physical labor? >.<

and pls stop blaming everyone for everything :DD

society, media, movies and books are facets of human culture, something that gets passed on to new generations to adapt to the reality of life. it doesnt have to be all true, pure, honest or right… it just needs to be there to assist u in developing ur own stance and ur own character to advance to new ideas

ummmm, no, I don’t want any child to have to suffer from doing or being made to do things that are harmful to their developing bodies. But kids from families that have it good lots of times don’t understand what it is like to not have it good.
My grandkids have been able to eat out at least once a week, go to the movies once a week, go to Disney once a year, never had to wish they could have this brand name jeans, shoes or whatever and listen to kids make fun of them.
It is hard for them to think of being careful of what they spend, think of the future.
The difference of a child who grew up during the depression and one who grew up during the baby boomer time when there was plenty of money. You can intellectually understand, but you can’t emotionally understand what it was like to go hungry, to wear torn clothes to school because your family couldn’t afford to buy new ones.
Not all kids are that way, some have the ability to be empathic, some don’t. Does that make them bad, no. But what would make it bad is when they make fun of them, intentionally hurt them by putting them down, treating them as if they are scum because they can’t afford clothes.
My life experiences is different than yours, than others here, I can’t imagine what you experienced, and to some extent what you even felt from it, good or bad. You can’t imagine what I felt from it, the good and bad. It wasn’t all bad.
And I’m not whining, to me they are just the facts of life, the past. I can’t change it, I survived it and now have a great husband, two children we love, three grandkids we love, a nice home, are in fairly good health, can meet our bills and have some extra to splurge at times so life is good. Physically it could be better, but I can’t change the past so I live with it. I don’t have to like that I have health issues that I wouldn’t have had if life had been different, but I’m not having a pity party, it is life, you accept what was tossed your way and learn how to live with it. Plan and simple. It does, however, effect what I can and can’t do present day. And that is life, I accept it, can’t change it so no sense in whining over, it, it is just a fact.
It could be worse, I could already be paralyzed, unable to walk at all. I could be dealing with something else that I see as worse and not be able to play computer games. There are many things I can think of that would make life worse for us. I am thankful for what we have and accept what has happened to us.

Moved this to #offtopic as ~95% of this discussion is not actually about the game.

The forums generally aren’t the place for this type of discussion either reallly.

3 Likes