Recipe Changes

Everyone come to High Ridge west of New Oortia. Buy my useless stuff. I’ll even put some fibrous leaves up for sale tonight. :smile:

It feels like formost things there is a cap on how many you can get off one gather which i think is set at 2? I feel like at highter levels this should scale up to 4 this way as you level you don’t spend 3 hours farming mats for sackcloth every day.

1 Like

Have you tried farming fibrous leaves lately? I got several hundred in less than half an hour because of the new increase in plant spawning.

1 Like

I still feel like by level 50 farming basic resources should be a once a week chore though. It feels like so many things are a daily farm its hard to keep up.

Maybe im just a resource horder lol

1 Like

I’m definitely a resource hoarder too so I know what you mean. But I have to say that making a fast gatherer alt was the best thing I ever did in this game, if only because its fun to run so fast.

1 Like

I wanna test the new patch more, but some jack ass in a truck drove into something that is owned by my internet providers and our whole side of the city is without internet.

I have hotspot on my phone, but this game doesn’t run great on it. Rubberband for dayz.

I have to agree, bricks were already a grind to produce, now we have to grind two extra resources on top of that already? Nonsense. It wouldn’t be so bad if they reduced spark costs a bit so I don’t have to grind even more to get the coal to produce them, so rather than balance it out, it’s just more grind on grind.

If you wanted a use for mud and ash, why not create a new recipe line, like mud bricks or adobe or something?

I get Almost all the recipes. Just dont rly get why add so much to making just… bricks.

2 Likes

Just a little FYI, while the bricks recipe now requires a wider variety of materials, cooking brick mixtures now makes 4 bricks each, instead of 2, so after actually trying the new recipe I’m pretty much ok with it, since we now get a lot more bricks with no added need to compact stuff.

3 Likes

And this is exactly why imho all the flames are too fast going before we actually checked anything :smiley:
This invalidate every one argument about bricks too grindy now comparing to how it was.

Thats the biggest problem. Same as with P2W. Many many players speak about how bomb mining is nerfed, how stupid its to make bricks now etc… But if you test it yourself then its better than it was. Making bricks is much faster now. With fixed regeneration its super easy to gather shimmering orbs etc. As for mining i am still testing it. You can find Cave easy if you look for mobs on radar. Just need 3x3 hammer now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It is in fact less grindy since it requires less spark. :stuck_out_tongue:

It was 180 clay per 25 compacted clay, so you needed two mass crafts (360) to make one mass craft of brick mixture (50) that turned into 100 bricks. And you had some leftover compact clay.

So, 360 clay = two bricks
and 288 mud + ash = two extra bricks

So even in raw materials, it’s less grindy.

2 Likes

Then it must have been a good area for them, I’ve gone out twice today to get them but only managed about 40 of them and if go out for fibrous I come back with 100s…

I even tried the atlas thing on Besavrona, only a few spots light up… and when you’re in such an area you find other players than glowing lamella :smile:

I had that problem too until a few days ago, now I have a surplus of fibrous, quite a bit of sackcloths already crafted to go, make the foods bags per 50 and still craft every tool/weapon I want!

Turn on the lucky points in your stats and that Epic gatherer (? not entirely sure how it’s called it’s in the bottome epic set of skills) one, it will give you more drops per plant!

I get that that is a weird one too, the most absurd change tho is that you need Glowing Lamella for Gleam Lanterns!

1 Like

Getting more output doesn’t change the fact one needs to spend more time gathering.

In gathering sth like clay or mud, the biggest time wasting factor is actually moving to the right spot. When you are there, you can either farm 200 blocks or 400 blocks. A couple of minutes difference, maybe a bit more depending on tools and skills.

With more different ingredients needed, I must do more travelling between biomes and worlds to get to the right mud and ash spots. That’s for me the thing that makes it a grind. Then of course there is need for coal for spark and brick frying. The time you spend moving stuff from one machine to another etc.

If I decide to buy something instead of gathering it myself, I must spend time to check shops or talk to people. So again time factor and then coins spent. All that to make not so fancy and not so prestigious blocks. This kind of effort feels like something that should give a more precious item at the end.

In general, that many ingredients and steps in crafting would be something expected from higher tier crafting. Not from a… brick. It’s just, meh.

I love crafting. And I am into some complexity in it. Like need to craft items as mid-step to crafting more complex stuff. But bricks in Boundless feels like overkill. At least double brick block prestige to reflect the effort needed to craft it.

1 Like

If you don’t warp, you mean. :slight_smile:
The 100 coin cost is covered by 10 extra seconds of farming whatever it is you’re farming.
Or breaking a couple of Desert Swords on the spot, dealer’s choice.

The way I see it, the time spent finding a spot to dig up clay / mud / ash is a one-time effort. Then you make a location marker to reuse as needed, if your locations list is full, and never have to worry about it again.

I meant with warping and using portals between planets.
Of course I would have the spots saved.
However, with a limit for saved locations one needs to chose carefully which ones to keep.

I appreciate your optimism and positive approach, but really, this brick thing is a joke.

As others said adding new recipes to use useless blocks is a better way.

Doing this because there is loads of them items in people’s storages? I often have some items hoarded because I dont have time to process them, not because I don’t know what to do with it.

1 Like

Just to be clear, I don’t disagree that the brick recipe is overly complex for what it is, but for me the annoying part was, and still is, the compacted clay, which is actual extra spark and extra crafting time, on top of the gathering. The changed recipe reduced that annoyance, so I’m happy with it, but I’d be happier with having two different recipes for bricks, one using just clay, and one using just mud and ash, and going back to the 2 bricks yield per mixture. I’d always use the mud and ash one, if that was the case.

Still a valid point in regards to decorative blocks, however.

3 Likes

This is a great idea, it would help lower frustration with the recipe and still make a use for all that ash and mud.

1 Like