Recyclable water buckets and sackcloths

Do you like these new delicious foods?
I bet you do! But what about the feeling of wood splinters between your teeth?
The cold tickling of nails inside your throat?
Also, sackcloth makes the dish more “fiber rich”?

As the title says, these items should be recyclable, because you don’t actually put them into the dish. (at least i hope!)
For example: when the recipe finishes, it gives back all or a portion of the non-food items.

This would make it less grindy. (especially for the fibrous leaves).

13 Likes

Maybe bowls too for stews and risottos

3 Likes

YES!!!
(Must be 10 characters. adds exclamation points)

2 Likes

I’m totally with you. I hate the Idea of Oortians Eating Sugar Sacks…

2 Likes

And if we’re going the complex way as some wants it that way, it could produce a “dirty” version (i.e. dirty sackcloth) which then we could have a “Washer” machine to clean them up for reuse.

I think we should give it a durability loss as well on each wash? Then we have another “Repair” machine that uses raw cloth, etc to repair them? It’s getting more complex! Soon we’ll have dedicated laundry and repair shops on town. :rofl:

5 Likes

I’m going to add my voice here… The grind for food creation is too much. This could help. A lot.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree, buckets and sackcloth should drop when made or consumed.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this while testing some methods to gather fibrous leaves, and i have another idea.
How about increasing the drop rate from tree leaves and yucca trees?
The drop rate from leaves with maxed luck and attributes bonus is 2 from 30 blocks of leaves, it’s quite bad.
From yucca trees it’s 1-2\tree, but running around aimlessly in the tall grass is not satisfying in my opinion.

They should increase the drop rate via luck if the recycling idea would be much harder to code.

2 Likes

I think that increasing drop rate or adjusting sackcloth recipe(or food recipe needs of sackcloth) would be best. And drop rate seems to be same on all planets right now.
Materials needed for buckets seems right now ok, so I don’t really see need of recycling. Also I think that recycling items would make on my playstyle either inventory problems or temporary trash spawn in to world to block my view ;).

What if you just got half the buckets/cloth back? Or percentage chance based on a crafting skill?