Red Gleam Frustration

Just wondering if it was at all possible to have the amount of Red Gleam on Vulpto increased.
I searched for ages, all I was able to find was 1 pole with 2 Red Gleam on it & it was beaconed by somone named nature? This I find pretty frustrating.

& since we are on the topic I may as well give my opinion on the current state of gleam in the game in general. I would personally like to see small gleam patches inside of mountains as well. I also feel like grave robbing for gleam is a bit creepy & doesn’t feel all that nice.
I think maybe actual caskets full of bones & cloths & maybe some precious metals & rarely gems would be much better.

Also maybe a new mob type that will drop whatever color Gleam its supposed based off planet as well.

#Lv5sOnVulpto :rofl:

1 Like

…because that wouldn’t be creepy? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

4 Likes

No grave robbing Is creepy. But I don’t like the idea of doing something creepy to get Gleam.
Grave robbing to get Gleam doesn’t feel right to me.
I didn’t say I don’t like grave robbing or having the ability to do something that feels as creepy as grave robbing, just don’t like doing it to get that pretty gleam.

3 Likes

There is a whole thread on nature and that stuff he did. There are some other poles around that are not plotted but reserved, so you can mine them… not sure where they all are but same biom.

3 Likes

Red gleam is in a bad spot right now. This is a well known fact that has had hundreds of comments and many posts made about it, so I’ll catch you up on the discussion.

No, nothing can be done about red gleam right now. The problem is not as straight forward as just increasing the amount on Vulpto. Gleam is generated into the world as a natural block or prefab decoration. It does not get reseeded randomly with manipulated frequency like a resource.

This problem is a early access issue, and when more worlds are added or updated for 1.0, gleam rarity will be addressed.

3 Likes

:disappointed_relieved: & thank you.

2 Likes

That’s good to know, Thanks.

3 Likes

Add a few pieces of a random gleam color to the meteors. Bigger ones have more. Or, you know, make the meteors entirely out of gleam. :smile:

pls?
-Eld

1 Like

can’t remember if I already said this but I would love to see the meteors made out of a little ancient corruption. i very much want to get my hands on some of that stuff.