Red Gleam Griefing

I will happily help scout out more locations to help protect more locations.

2 Likes

Could you bring an umbrella? <3

Guys, while I do agree this is pure trolling, the guy isn’t doing anything the game doesn’t allow to. I know it sucks, but nobody can prevent stuff like this unless the areas get non-plotable which is not really fair imo.

If you guys are frustrated now, with only a handful of players in the game, save your breath for the main release. The forums will need a “Rant” section purely for stuff like this anyway.

As @james noted earlier, there shouldn’t only be one source of something and I’m sure this is gonna change before the release anyway.

3 Likes

The matter is when we go live we as a team just claim the ground below to protect resources. If people try to troll the locations by claiming it then we just don’t make that color important and don’t use it. Things are only of value if you associate value to them. If this guy owns all red I will have no interest in using it because it is now “unavailable” to me. So I will use another color… which means he gets no real satisfaction.

4 Likes

This is only EA, and I’m sure devs have learned the lesson about scarce resources. Let’s just move on with this :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s punishable action, it fits game rules perfectly and there’s nothing devs should do about it.

8 Likes

Don’t worry people. I know red gleam is a pain right now because of that stupid troll.

So I will hand out free red refined gleam to people so we all can use red refined gleam.

(I have plenty of red refined gleam left from my Giant Portal Hub project, but only refined. I don’t have red raw gleam)

Please see topic:

12 Likes

So after doing some research and undercover work I can confirm Nature was Proz all this time. He plotted all the red gleam so he could lure people into seeing his crashed submarine with red gleam as a reward. And he would’ve gotten away with it if it wasn’t for this pesky kid (that’s me!).

6 Likes

Bad research you did lol. I am not a troll, I hate them.

1 Like

Rare shouldn’t mean unobtainable because of some trolls and griefers who claimed all places and sell 1 raw red for 500k. IMO there should be a constant number of gleam pillars that respawn when first spot is destroyed or just regen every 13 hours in different places in the world. Sorry but i totally don’t get that idea of claiming rare blocks. If instead of glowing blocks, it would have been the only spot for mining oort shards people would get mad that one of the main game features is blocked because of some troll. Gleam does not block portal functionality, but it does block some cool lighting functionality which is even greater sin as colored light is just “very cool”.

3 Likes

So unfortunately it cannot spawn/regenerate in a different place. Blocks like gleam always regenerate on the same place.

1 Like

This is what I was saying.

That’s monopolizing them. He’s not even farming them TO sell. He’s just preventing them from being mined. That’s going to cause the price to artificially inflate.

1 Like

Its just a numbers Problem imo. Nobody would try to claim all blue or yellow gleam. But its still not available in abundance.
I feel that its in a better balance. Maybe make red slightly rarer.

But right now the number of red spawns is just way to low. Broken.

1 Like

allrigth lets protest… The Destruction of our Beloved HUB

Sh*t is going down o.O

@James Saying that monopolizing a resources is ok, then saying there should be an alternative for other players is literally contradicting yourself. A monopoly means there are no other options.

So, should monopolies be allowed or not? Because, in my opinion, such ‘strategies’ are going to drive off a vast majority of players and ruin the game.

2 Likes

Well, since I’m not well-versed in the virtues of any particular colors of gleam, could I get a quick lesson in why red gleam is so all-fired interesting? If it’s just another shiny that can’t be used to make uber weapons, toothbrushes, or extremely comfortable underwear, then who cares?

It’s rare so that causes a perceived higher value. At least that is what I can see even though many people say they don’t like red gleam.

Either way we do need a decision on this because either we need to ensure that there are other sources or that people that are intentionally griefing like this to lock up a resource should then be held accountable and there is no system to do so.

Please explain why weapons are more important than a gleam lantern, for example.

A weapon helps you.

1. defend yourself.
  2. gather rare ore/gems/Oort stone for fuel or sell.

Imo anything that adds utilities is much more important then one shade of color of a block.

1 Like

I’m using the term monopolising in a local sense.

• A player can monopolise a mountain by claiming it to build on. But they shouldn’t be able to monopolise all mountains.
  • A player can monopolise an area with a rich set of resources. But they shouldn’t be able to monopolise all resources.
  • Etc.

In this case the player chose to monopolise some of the red gleam. It’s monopolised because it’s not shared.

However another player chose to protect some of the red gleam. It’s protected so other people can’t monopolise it, and others can mine it.

IMO - there is nothing wrong with players beaconing parts of the landscape, and even particularly special parts of the landscape.

As I’ve said before, the problem in this case is that there are very few locations that contain red gleam.

IMO - this isn’t griefing.

I would also like us to create a citizen charter that captures what is and isn’t allowed in the game.

Additional: I will make sure that the next work we put online contains lots of red gleam then this issue vanishes. It’s an issue of the worlds. Not an issue of an individual player.

5 Likes