Red Gleam

So I just found my very first Red Gleam on Vulpto. I asked many people but no one could tell me how to find red gleam, so I’ve just tried to find it on my own. The best way to find red gleam on Vulpto is to search at night, because at day you can’t see the gleam. There’s very often fog and the sun shines too bright. I can rarely see anything at day.

There are all around Vulpto random wooden sticks with just 2 pieces of red gleam on it. I found the most on hills. :shard:

Job offer: Find red gleam for me and put it in my Buying Plinth at 1279, 86, 1859 on THERKA (market city). I buy it for 100c each. If you want more coins for 1 red gleam then just say. :slight_smile:

May the force be with you! :boundless:

14 Likes

Thank you ! :+1:

2 Likes

I’m on that planet and also marking it as my homeland but there’s so many baddies out there and I’m planning to build or team up with someone.
I will be mostly online if someone’s online on that planet and try to come to that player.

Does anyone wanna help me? It would be nice :grinning:

2 Likes

Yea… The devs definitely want you to struggle on the plentiful planets. I both love and despise them greatly

3 Likes

Teamwork gets it done!

3 Likes

I know I’m late to the party. but I just made it to vulpto, annnnnnd… your picture looks nothing like what I can see, or find.
Vulpto looks like nothing but a foggy, swampy, muddy weird forest and lots of greenish water in between. either that or very tall mountains all bunched together… I’ve walked alot, day and night and just haven’t come across any area that looks like that (and no gleam either).

Does someone has coords I could follow to find this ‘desert’ biome seen in the screenshot?

btw; I hate those exploding frog looking creatures. I just hate them!.. :’)

Edit: alright I went the hard way. I went full west from my place. until I got back to my house again. :’)
Found one ‘gleam tree’ in a area that looks like the previous screenshot so I guess I found it. =p

3 Likes

I’m jealous. Spent an hour last night looking for a single red gleam. Oh well.

2 Likes

If you put a beacon underneath or above it then nobody can put a beacon there :smiley: so it is guaranteed to regen every day and nobody can beacon it for themselves.

8 Likes

I haven’t even tried looking as I was told that everyone was beaconing the red gleam for themselves. Sounds like that’s true so I sure hope I find some that will regen and allow me to harvest it.

In situation where gleam is in such small quantity, it should be able to regenerate in random location as long as it meet certain condition. For example: beacon or not as long as there is a height of “X”, a ground of dirt or stone or whatever can be naturally generated by the world regen. And a distance of “X” arround it free of obstruction. That would make it more accessible to everyone.

Otherwise we have the current situation where people beacon said area and can just spawn there whenever they know the world is about to regen and have a monopoly over a ressource.

1 Like

Devs have already stated that items will not spawn in such low quantities in the future - but its too time consuming to change the existing worlds. Red gleam is the perfect example of this issue (and to a lesser extent fibrous leaves).

1 Like

Ah ok. I wasn’t aware of this has i have only been arroind for 2 weeks and have not gone over all of the forum. Good to know. :slight_smile:

There is 1 spot that I know of that is beaconed so you can’t get to it but there are 12 other spots that are beaconed below the spawn point so anyone that wants to harvest it can so if you can find them its all yours.

2 Likes

I have a warp coord inside that surrounded structure. They can’t block warp directly to it because that would stop the gleam spawning, lol.

All in all I have the locations of… six or seven different gleam flags waypointed. It’s stuff like this that makes me wish we could have more waypoints…

Actually, that raises a question.

If I were to build warp conduits (permanent) in an un-beaconed area, and then connect to them from a beaconed area… would they regen out and close the warp or would the active warp hold them in place?

you can’t even place portal conduits in an un-beaconed area.
(I’m assuming you meant portal conduits when you say warp conduits (permanent)… because you can place warp conduits, but they do not “connect” to anything but a location, they are just one-way)

If you mean you will stop the regen of red gleam, then the answer is yes because if you load up de portal in your base where the red gleam spawn( just by locking at it), it load up the chunks for this area and then stop world regen.

Edit: missread your post, but it remains pretty mcuh the same. If your portal is loaded up, the portal on the unbeaconed area will not regen. As soon as your portal isnt loaded for like 8 hours??? then it will regen and dissappear,