Reestablishing The Forge economy!

The Sasquatch tool shop, (located on Alder) has a good selection of tools if you want to buy some.

But we can’t make the deal you want to make. It wouldn’t be sustainable for us.

2 Likes

No worries there are a few people who found my offer "sustainable’ as you put it. They have already contacted me

Then they’re either really good or have more money than sense…

Or perhaps they are Good hearted? I thought this was supposed to be a community game lol, nice to know after 5 years people are still salty in the other forums. I had this deal once with a great Boundless player, she was the second best forger I knew…may She rest in peace :heartbeat:

1 Like

Jeez it’s not salty what ur asking for is not seen as a good deal what ur asking for is absurd that we all just act with only love yadda yadda but we still have to get money to do well for the most part

1 Like

No no not you just other posts I’ve been getting into

Ik mine on here arnt im talking about @tarranth a bit on the roast side but still mainly just to be funny

I think the community is great especially in the game. Forging is just not lucrative and while I know there are many good-hearted people in the game and on the forums, unless someone has a large nest egg of coins I doubt many could really sustain a constant flow of tools. It takes a lot of time sadly and with all the RNG sometimes it just goes wrong and your lose alot.

I think the next time I forge I will take note of the materials it took me to make them and give a good estimate on the cost. I know I bought a lot of ingredients (more than I needed) so I could forge more tools, but I just made two topaz axes and bought about 100k in forge ingredients in case I needed it. Just estimating it probably cost me 5k to make each one … to be competitive they would probably sell for 3.5k-4k at most. Thus why someone mentioned sustainable… if you have a mass amount of forge ingredients or the funds to buy them that’s great… but for many that can’t do this they can’t sustain a flow and that also won’t really Reestablish the Economy … buying for a shop would though.

1 Like

The way I see it, if there is a demand for forged tools (and by the looks of it, there certainly is), than selling at a fair markup isnt a bad idea and should work well.

After factoring in material cost, sanity and time (as well as opportunity cost doing something such as mining), Personally I think a decent AoE tool with no major quirks or defects should go for around 8k-10k (if not more).

While its not the lowest price on the market, if you make enough tools at that price they will certainly sell.

2 Likes

I tend to sell diamond aoe hammers for 6k if I forge too many by accident. Each hammer only cost me about 4k to make. The only thing I look for when I forge a diamond hammer is devastating boon lvl 8 and lvl 4 are. With skills set mainly for just mining they can still one shot a block of rock on T6’s

Thats true with the diamond hammers for T6 they ll break it in one shoot but whats your third choice?
I ll do for my self speed as third choice and don t want anything ealse.
I ll take topas for T6 with damage 8 speed 8 and aoe so only a strenght brew and i crush throught the mountains…

This is more expenseive if you do only one sort if hammers because you discard all others if it get dura or something ealse…

The most annoing is the forge it self we all know if it wouldn t be so rng the cost would be very less then they are now.

Perhaps we ll get a fix in the future that the boon you ll take is the only who triggers and nit other boons can be possible…

2 Likes

I just take whatever it gives me for a third boon

1 Like

Nowadays i Feel the game has gone a bit laggier… If you go with speedhammer example… The terrain doesnt keep up with you so i have switched To dura hammers.

1 Like

I agree mate, dura and persisting pie all the way- slower but make a relaxing mining session haha.

1 Like

Its the way you like for me its speed did it with dura in the past but when i did go mining with speed first time i didn t want anything ealse anymore.

I ve no problems with lags doing it that way.

But its good to have several ways , thats also good for zhe forgers who sell their items .

1 Like

This is literally why i sent you the instructions on how to make your own power coils… the first set is nice to buy but after the first you should be making your own even if you are helping others.

1 Like

Yup and I’ll remember that next time I do that

Granted I hate building so the workshop I be making em is annoying at best

You seem to be mistaking honesty for being salty.

1 Like

I have to agree with you on that. I had a speed tool recently and it was going faster than the game could keep up, so an AoE was only gathering a few blocks rather than all, because the server couldn’t keep up.
But then I think the server issue is due to the fact that they haven’t shut them down for maintenance in about 9 months.