Refined gleam v. Non-refined gleam

Hey everyone! Does anyone know which glows brighter refined gleam or non-refined gleam? Or is the difference between the two just texture?

2 Likes

I have not tested it carefully, but I think the light is the same. One thing i like with raw gleam is that you dont get a seam between blocks. Refined is shiny, and it looks like the light plays inside, so that is nice too. So just pick whatever fits the look you want.

1 Like

Yea the refined is brighter technically but the difference is so minute that you might as well build with what looks better. I usually use raw. I love the connecting textures.

3 Likes

I like this idea - having a difference between the brightness of refined and non-refined gleam.

Do we have a preference? I would assume that refined is brighter?

3 Likes

We should be able to unrefine gleam and lanterns :frowning: Popsicles look better RAAW

2 Likes

That would be great.

Can you make them even brighter if they have sparc?

i would definitely prefer if refined was brighter! :grinning:

2 Likes

I would like if raw gleam was softer, less saturated (now some of the raw gleam looks like neon signs.), compacted could be in between and the refined could look like today.

4 Likes

Hi I’m a gleam lover ! They are both bright depends on the look your after.Personal preference.I couldn’t help myself from laying gleam everywhere not for prestige as I’ve heard people discussing on forums but purely because I love the look.I use the dark orange gleam I prefer it’s natural state ie unrefined.Everything where I live is going to be dazzling and bright as possible, and bright with a dash of COSMIC STARDUST with love,Enjoy boundless everyone I do

I agree with you the brighter the better for me ,my favorite gleam us magenta and the dark orange one.I go daily to gather as much as I can carry.I don’t mind if they even lower the prestige on gleam because I love any gleam just for my creative builds.