Refinery claimed to create one colour, but another colour was produced

I mass crafted 50 refined gleam with 21 Night Lilac and 15 White gleam as inputs.

The Refinery queue showed the result was going to be Night Lilac, but once it had finished it was White.

The ingredient list showed first the 21 Night Lilac, then second the 15 White.

What happened?

Its random if its a mixed batch. There is another long thread about it somewhere I just will need to find it.

Posts here (this one has input from James)

and

And an important bit here:

2 Likes

Thanks Soju.

Is that mentioned anywhere in-game or is crafting just secretly RNG?

…apart from the Forge of course - which is a “game-able” RNG loot box by design.

Yeah youre gonna lose this one if your batch isn’t 1 solid color it might say the color you want but you wont get it. I asked them to just add the words “Random” when you put anything besides all one color, you know for the next guy (you) so it doesnt confuse ppl. Guess they dont listen to me anyway shocked lol

@Conkuur agreed. Working with materials that can’t be replaced and having them “eaten” by a machine without warning or explanation doesn’t seem like an experience the dev team would want for their players.

2 Likes

Oh believe me it gets more complicated the longer you play and just when you think you got it all figured they change it. So yeah in this game you’ll always be on the short end of the learning curve sadly.

Somewhere in one of the threads I think James mentioned that they might be trying to redo it so that the output was in line with the input… i.e. if your input had 25% of one color and 75% of another then the mass craft output would have 25% and 75% of the new item in the colored percentages. Not sure if that is something they are still working towards or if it ever gained traction though.

1 Like

58% Night Lilac
42% White

You get the whole batch in one color or the other.

Yes.

The only indication of what will happen is the queue which indicates a definitive result - and it was wrong.

Not sure if he said that’s how they will make it in the future or just an idea.

But iirc James has plans for a crafting update but that may take long.

Yeah, it seems it was just an idea from the post I found

This post was linked to me because I had this issue months ago which was the only reason I posted to it in the first place. Then this idiot wants to personal attack me for answering then play victim when I punch back by flagging. Lil tired of this and I will continue hitting back when tried!

1 Like

This reply is totally unnecessary you are just petting a sleeping dragon on the forums just plainly dont alright if u have something against someone and have something to say use the private message jeez

Thank you.

3 Likes