Refund or Sh** out of luck?

My man! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

And now you are my hero.
My second hero to be precise. Right after myself. :wink:

3 Likes

I see now why the rock is bloody! Dude we’ve passed the era of punching things! You can use your totem for a slightly realistic logic. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

@brook-monroe
got Allen Watts?

1 Like

Just for the sake of clarity, can I ask which world you were on when you were experiencing these long mining times?
Additionally, what block (specifically) you were hitting and which tool were you using to mine it with?

Without trying to sound insulting, could it be that you were using the wrong tool to mine stone?

Also, as @Cookviper mentioned, if you happened to go through a portal to a harder world, it could explain why you experienced longer mining times - especially if only using the totem (or the wrong tool) to mine with (although I’m unsure it would equate to 8-10 seconds per block). To be fair though, if that was the case, then that is exactly as it should be - hard worlds are supposed to be, well, harder

I’m just trying to understand the circumstances that led you to the 8-10 seconds of mining per block…

4 Likes

Ok, I’m sorry I didn’t keep up with this thread more closely, but dog piling onto this guy just because he has complaints is not helping resolve anything. Stop. Seriously. It only makes matters worse and makes us all look like elitist jerks. All feedback is valuable feedback, even if negative. I realize @Godslayer109 came in here and made his first post in a bitter manner, but that does not excuse the behavior I’ve seen here after.

Any further unhelpful comments will be removed.

14 Likes

Ik i don’t punch things?? i did use the totem i had a stone hammer…

THIS is exactly what i’m talking about though, a lot of this community just dog piles onto people that have complaints about this game, this is what really made want a refund on this game. Quoted down below…like it’s just needs to be look after m8 it doesn’t help encourage new players like me to even play anymore.

Bad attempt at humor, disregard. Could you please take the time to respond to @Stretchious’ post? There are some important questions there that may help us make the game more enjoyable for you or others in the future.

1 Like

Hammer, Ummm Solum and it was just normal stone like ingenous or somethiung like that

oh sorry didn’t catch on that, that was a joke

What is your in-game name?
What name do you use in discord?

i’d have to remember my in game name cause when i made my account i kind of got bored and Put User_1233123123 or something of that nature

as for discord name it was B_rand0m

Ik gaming is just “wasting” time but there are other games to play and such, That sounds stupid ik but a lot of gamers don’t want to just sit back and relax theyve grown accustomed to achieving so much in a set amount of time…here in this game it just feels as though you are always stuck up until you hit like level 30…and resources being harder to find is no problem it’s gather SIMPLE resources such as Igneous, Metamorphic and normal woods and such being a bore to gather if you don’t have the correct amount of skills attributed to said minining and lumberjacking…ik this game wants to have “classes” but it’s just not clear enough…the early and mid game should not be like this…what it should be like is everyone is “average” at doing things average being you can still do it but ur not gonna be done chopping trees or killing monsters with in like sayy idk 1-2 minutes? i say that cause some trees are HUGE AF haha., and then u make a class from the get go and get bonuses to ur skill tree pick lumberjack? now u can “timber” a tree down by looking at one block instead of having to move and also you can chop the tree quicker. become a digger class? Now you can mine really quickly and such and such…course i would say you could maybe specialize in 2 classes? and what not…it’s barebones and would require some cleaning up but i just feel like that would be more a rewarding game

Maybe the game would benefit with a creative mode. Where people can download a offline map and build at their hearts content, or cooperative mode with their own maps using your computer as the host for this map. If players want a more multiplayer experience with every restrictions that come with it then at that point joining the live servers if an option.

My opinion after playing many video games from solo, sandbox to linear progression games to the last 3 MMOs there are very huge differences between solo play where you can do whatever you want, from cheats to exploits. Those are all fine and we’ll because they don’t affect anyone else but your experience.
Now this is currently at MMO where economy if effected by the resources you gathered/sell and interactions with other players are unavoidable for better or worse. You can’t control your environment around you, and you shouldn’t because you’re not alone on this servers. There is a reason why progression can be slow or why things take a bit to collect. I hope they do something like an offline mode, or private planets because there is a market for those types of gamers, but this is the live servers and restrictions are a must for everyone sakes.

Look i’m not saying people should be able to solo @ end game…i am just saying the average of mid and early game should be boosted and thus boost End game as well…Such as the things i have been able to do I feel you should be able to solo on the level 1 or even level 2 plants (depending really) but then all the crazy ■■■■ is done at the high level planets where now ur REALLY forced to go and have people to help…can’t mine this crazy awesome block? get a miner, can’t kill this frigging awesome beast with loot. Go and seek a hunter…Level 1 planets imo SHOULD be able to solo really everything from…the stamina and dex and those type of skills imo are really what make the game slow as hell…so really i just have a problem with Dex, Speed, Endurance those kinds of skills…i really have no problem with other skills

If you’re dealing with Endurance/Stamina right now, that’s weird because it’s still turned off. (Or maybe I haven’t been paying attention and it got turned back on yesterday.)

I’m not max level and I solo everything now at level 34. I was level 24 until last update and I was boosted to level 34.
I understand what you mean about grinding materials, at first that’s how it felt. because the game was updated when I was at level 24 I can’t speak to how it feels now at low levels with this new update(personal testing is a must)

My biggest downfall was my lack of understanding on how important the right placement of attributes and masteries. I spent most of my skill points on recepies as I had a Minecraft understanding of voxels games. After the skill reset I changed my skills and even though I couldn’t craft everything in game I could mine fast, cut trunks in one hit using just iron axes, dig all types of soils super fast and hunt everything currently in game. I was planning on making a build thread on a new alt but they announced they would be changing the skill trees so I’m not sure how fast it will be out of date.
Thank you though for sharing your experience, makes me want to test this with the new update and provide some feedback to everyone.
I level 34 I still dont have the speed boost, I can sprint but I can’t double jump and run super fast but I personally just haven’t had a real need for that.

I must confess I have a hard time reading your posts because it’s an odd mix of English and texting.

So, here’s what I got out of that:

A lot of gamers are used to quick progression in a game and will be disappointed when their expectations aren’t met.

It’s likely this just isn’t going to be their game. Not as-is, anyway–much of the balancing is still in flux. The game isn’t in beta yet, and there’s a lot to be done. Drawing conclusions this early might not be as rewarding as one might think. The team will decide what works and what doesn’t based on our feedback, and based on what demographic they see as the target audience. It doesn’t have to appeal to all gamers, anyway. I haven’t played a platform game since Commando Keen back in 1990–and that game is older than some of the people playing Boundless right now. If Boundless was a platform run-and-jump game, you and I wouldn’t be exchanging notes, because I figured out that platform run-and-jump games bore me :poop:-less.

So far as I can tell, the end game isn’t anything like what you and I are doing right now. The skill trees will be augmented, trimmed, or otherwise mutated in ways we can’t predict. I think it’s too early to take such a strong stand on things.

1 Like

i meant like just Dex and stuff was just givng out an example