Release 112: Creatures and Characters (and a Q&A)

Is this the update that made anyone running the 32 bit obsolete?

The grappling hook changes aren’t complete yet, and will enable dual weilding (so it should all be worth it in the end). We’re building a cool sandbox system where you can hold anything in either hand (going to open up lots of opportunities).

6 Likes

NO! please don’t tell me infinite block mode is gone??? :worried: I need to finish my Capital Tree on Lapas! Is it just a different key now? :open_mouth:

Also…pigs now shoot at you? died already LOL wasn’t prepared for that one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

10 characters

oh whew thank u!! :smile:

to be fair, i looked through ‘‘show controls’’ and i didnt see infinity blocks anywhere, might just have missed it but if not then i really think it should be added.

Let us investigate this. It seems strange to me.

Thanks, @Zouls seems to experience simillar issues:
https://forum.oortonline.com/t/photography-102-worlds-builds-before-afters/1124/19?u=vastar

Try making two grappling hooks and putting them in slots 1 and 2. Then use number keys to quick switch between them and climb by alternately attaching and detaching (so 1, fire, 2, fire, 1, release, fire, 2, release, fire - this was much easier to explain in my head…)

Aaaanyway, that will give you something that should work for those long climbs and is kind of closer to the dual wielding we are planning (except dual wielding will be much more super awesome)

4 Likes

Full graphics on everything, it looks low res

i dont have an image of this one before but it shines so much, before it gave a ‘‘cozy’’ light while atm it seems like it’s trying to communicate with aliens through light beams

another thing that reaaaaallly bothers me is the fact that even when you use (.) to remove all hud you still have the health bar and amount of current block, meaning we cant get clean screenshots anymore

4 Likes

could you have a grappling hook in left and right hand for slot one and left and right hand for slot two at that time allowing you to use four grappling hooks at once? xD

1 Like

oh no…yea cant climb to my house that i made to grapple up a vertical rock face anymore with the new grapple mechanics :open_mouth: :pensive:

Yep - not sure what happened there. Doubt it was deliberate.

But now you get to make a cool staircase!

4 Likes

yup and time to re do the Lapas Capital too…revamp that staircase too LOL Lotsa work to do :wink:

I was loving the vertical climbing feature - all my builds have them :hushed:

1 Like

I hear you. Some of my builds won’t work anymore either. I do like the idea of limiting the grapple power though. While VERY cool, it was seriously overpowered.

I did switch over to Stairs and ramps a while ago, so my current project is hopefully ok. I was in a tower basement when I received the update, so it is now tim to try the grapple… time to play “George of the Jungle”… :wink:

3 Likes

“Liking” this solution doesn’t do how giddy it made me any justice. Had to make a comment. I chortled and my officemate jumped a little haha.

1 Like

@Julianros1998 if you press C a few times and cant see them then try updating your graphics drivers to see if that fixes it.

I just added some additional items added to the release post:

1 Like

SWEET! Can’t wait to login and try all this new stuff out! I’m especially happy about the rebinds of TAB to inventory and E to interacting, in order to separate us from Minecraft a bit :stuck_out_tongue: and to make it feel more like an RPG.

But do you guys plan on having keybind prompts appear on screen when looking at an interactable object? Though I haven’t played it yet, it seems like it would feel really unnatural without that existing. Plus, is there an ETA on when chests will be released, and animations for doors?