Release 115: Beacons and Trading Now Live

Yay beacons! Sad that I can’t build towers for the time being, but i’m pretty excited about that community BLT base :smile: .

1 Like

Knew it :smile:

3 Likes

Seems like a good system!
One question tough:
For people that wants to build huge towns, wont that be a problem since there’s going to be a plot limit?

You can raise that limit so if you work hard enough it shouldn’t be a problem^^

2 Likes

Also if you work with friends, you effectively add the same amount of plots again which you can both work on - just add each other friend token to the beacon control. It’s a good way of building a community really.

2 Likes

Ultimately land (beacon claims) can’t be infinite for all players. So there needs to be a finite limit. We need to make sure players have a way of increasing their limit via progression. But even then, they’ll hit a point where they should jump across to owning their own world. This release is a first step towards balancing the starting # of plots, the progression of plots, and the maximum # of plots per player.

Additional:

I should also restate that the # of claims in this release is simply for testing the technology.

12 Likes

One thought for large cities: What if players could pool/“donate” a portion of their plot limit into a shared beacon?

I feel like I remember at one point you guys saying that beacon plots could be made into different shapes? Like say I want to use a beacon to claim a road space that is 2x32 instead of 8x8. I totally understand this update is just testing the technology and that there can be many improvements and variations created in the future. I was just wondering if that’s still (or ever was) the plan.

I’m also very curious about how @james feels about this.

Is it a feeling of “NO MORE MANUALLY ADDING BEACONS :joy::heart_eyes::relieved:
Or more of a "All that work will be gone with our migration…:sob::tired_face::disappointed_relieved:.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This version is the player beacons. Bigger collabs will be guild focused. So plans for that in the pipeline. But wanted to get this version out.

This version of the beacons is that system. However the granularity is 8x8x8.

:crying_cat_face: they took away my office keys today… :wave:

4 Likes

Very interesting. Fancy roads with islands it is! :sunglasses:

Thanks for the quick reply.

1 Like

No
Never :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Tried it, and I love it. Took just a couple of seconds to get the hang of it and it was easy as pie. I covered only the base of my little house, since it requires a 4x3 plot area, 2 plots high, but that is fine for now.

I get that you are still working on the visuals, but let me say that I quite liked them so far. At the moment, can I see other peoples plots when I equip the plotter, or just my own? What are the plans to visualize plots by other players/your guild/other guilds?

There is no substitute for bacon. Anywhere. Ever!

yay, finally the update! :slight_smile: great job and good idea about the beacons :smile:

Just found out, that my house is too big. Next time i first look for the beacon cubes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@ben Pin the thread please? I almost missed it on my daily check of the forum!!

I’m really excited for this release! (I also like how entertaining your release notes are. I read them to catch all the jokes now haha)
Now off to the supreme toast base. Its getting real!

2 Likes

Are the new crafting recipes permanent or placeholder?

Whew. I was really freaking out there for a sec. Thought Bacon would be lost forever! Ugh man, don’t do that to me…[quote=“ben, post:1, topic:3304”]
Beacons are no substitute for bacon.
[/quote]

How do you split stacks? e.g. I have 12 Gold Gleam and only want to give 4

Edit: Ok. Looks like it has to do with click-dragging a selected stack (and the longer you hold it the more move over to the new split)… ? :sweat:

… I find it hard to control, and in any case there should be another mechanism used during trading. I shouldn’t need to drop a stack from a full inventory (free gift), just so I can split a stack before I trade it.

1 Like