Release 152 - Report issues here

I think this is a bug. It sounds like a similar thing with being able to swap items in your inventory into the output tab of machines.

Iā€™m not sure if anyone has reported this, but I was mining iron ore and for some reason it smart stacked with my copper ore. Always happy to have more copper but I was actually purposely looking for iron.

This is intended behavior. All ingots and ores stack together. You you can click the stack to separate the iron back out or place it in its own stack. It is not converting iron into copper.

Proposal: since it seems that it is not expected or intuitive for different items to stack into smart stacks, could perhaps the icon be altered in a way that suggests multiple types of ore in a stack?

For example, a stack of iron ore and copper ore may show both types of ore side by side rather than the ā€œ#ā€. A stack of all one type may show a pile of the same type, etc.

3 Likes

@WarlockArcher, as @KingEliath says, if it happens again, could you double check that you didnā€™t accidentally open the chat at the time? Having the chat would prevent menus from being closed for example.

We canā€™t reproduce this. Do you have any specific examples?

I have done it with smart stacked silty soil and put a stack of bones/grass in the silty soil smart stack.

Iā€™ve only tried it on the workbench so far. Steps to reproduceā€¦

• build something on the workbench
  • wait until the build is finished and it appears in the output tab
  • pick up item in output tab
  • while still holding the picked up item, click another item in your inventory
  • the replaced item will now appear in the output tab of the workbench and the original built item will appear in your inventory
1 Like

Itā€™s not really a bug, or maybe it is, but if I use smart stacked ores (e.g. copper, iron and silver) in my furnace the first thing that melts is always copper. Shouldnā€™t or couldnā€™t it be that the first thing in the 3x3 smart stack melts first? That would be better because if I donā€™t have enough coal I use the rarest ores first and want to put them in the first row of the smart stack. It would make it much easier that you donā€™t have to place copper or iron later in the furnace. :wink:

Yeah the furnace seems to prioritize alphabetically rather than stack based

If I understand this correctly, does this mean the soil, bones and grass are all in the same smart stack? I tried this and items just merely swap spaces. Do you have a screenshot showing all the items in the same smart stack?

Thanks for the response! Makes sense. Thatā€™s actually a really thoughtful feature for such an inventory intensive game like this. I really like the idea of an indicator/ icon letting the player know thereā€™s multiple types in one stack. As a new player it definitely was not expected or intuitive.

Weā€™re hoping to get a :new: flag, or :arrow_down_small: on new or moved items in your inventory. Especially items that have been smart stacked. This should help players find things easier in their inventory and where items have been moved to.

4 Likes

The items swap place if you do it in the inventory screen. However, if you open the smart stack(you get the mini window with the 3x3 area) and select a stack then select an item in you inventory (larger window) the items swap places and the item in your inventory will now be in the smart stack.
If that is still unclear I can make a video of the process when I get home.

Thanks, that makes perfect sense.

Agreed, weā€™ll make a note of it.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. Itā€™s not quite the same as the smart stacking bug, but there would definitely be an issue if the inventory is already full for example.

So I originally wasnā€™t going to report this because it didnā€™t matter, but it does now. I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this, in the starting temple when you login. The other portal, sometimes activating it does nothing, but still gets you charged. Iā€™ve lost 1000 coins because portals havenā€™t opened properly.

Do you know if the server you were trying to connect to was down?

I think some sort of server connection check needs to be implemented for occurrences where destination worlds are not available, so that you either donā€™t get charged to start with or you get a refund.

Maybe by doing the server check prior to, and coin charge at the point where you need to break open the warp blocks to use them?

1 Like

World wasnā€™t down. I used the default portal and then ported from that world.

When you said activating the warp conduit does nothing, does that mean the conduit does not turn orange before you can break it?