Release 155: More Hopper and Road Runner!

I feel like this sneaking related behavior (or a variation of it) should apply to all creatures as it could be quite irritating for players if some creatures “respect” sneaking while some don’t.

Do you plan on adding some sort of GUI that allows us to compare the different grapple properties? (or will we have to rely on an external Wiki? :wink:)

Anyway, great update. Can’t wait to do some animal testing with the new grapples / creatures this weekend :smiling_imp:

drag them all into dark precipices of death {holes in the ground}

I thought the hopper was cute…until he tried to blow me up! LOL

7 Likes

i hate hoppers they are out to get me i swear…been blown up about 10 times so far and they keep coming i have to deal with about 4/6 of them every day -_-

4 Likes

Why doesn’t the hopper show up on the compass red like the spitter does? I thought they were harmless until I died. Why are the allowed inside your beacon? Is there no place to hide from these little demons??

Enemies only turn red on compass when they detect you. Hoppers included. Furthermore, any creature can just walk in to your beacon. That’s why you should build walls or other fortification around your beacon if you’re going to be on a hostile world.

@Havok40k I didn’t know that. I will close in the rest of my walls and make me a bluff high up in my tree and take them out that way. With the hopper’s the compass doesn’t turn red, even after they have spotted me.

Strange, they turn red for me.

Did it happen in a particular area or does it always happen regardless of your location?

No it always happens when I’m on the hostile planets. One minute I’m walking next minute I’m dead. I just keep going, until the next hopper spots me!

So to clarify, on those planets, the hoppers do not appear as red dots when they spot you?

Definitely true. You dig sth or build or whatever and suddenly you are dead! I thought that maybe sometime Im just too focused on things to see but no… I also noticed that spitters that have dedected you and walk around shooting would sometime show as red on compass with a delay. It happens in situations when you are partially hidden behind some blocks or entirely safe behind walls or when you are higher on a steep hill or maybe on a roof and the angle is too steep for them to hit you. You do something and you here the sound of spitting but red dots would sometime appear with a delay. I had a suggestion in mind for a couple of days but never got to it somehow so maybe I’ll make it sometime today.

Correct! If I don’t see them first I die. When building my base on Vulpto, I died 3 times before I realized what was happening.