This update is accessible via the “Live” release of Boundless on Steam.
Please restart Steam to make sure you get the latest version of Boundless. If the update happens whilst Steam is open it’s unlikely you’ll get the latest version.
Release Notes: 155
- Crafting + Resources + Equipment:
- First pass of grapple variations
- Different types of grapple have different maximum ranges and reel in/out speeds
- Some grapples are “hook-shots” (they will pull you in as soon as they connect, and won’t stop until you hit the grappled target)
- Due to the speeds of the faster grapples, damage from impacts with the world is disabled whilst grappling. NOTE: This is a temporary work-around, not a feature!
- New Objectives:
- Objectives have been added to explain how to build the furnace and workbench.
- Additional objectives have been added for collecting, mining, crafting and building.
- First pass of grapple variations
- Creatures + Combat:
- Fix beacon check for spawning creatures using incorrect Y value.
- New Hopper behaviour:
- When hit with enough damage the hopper will now go into a ball state.
- In this state the hopper can be rolled around (pushed by players or pulled by grapple beams!).
- The hopper will now always explode if it is killed in the hostile state (so run away if you don’t want an explosion).
- If you are quick you can scare the hopper into a ball before it becomes hostile.
- Hoppers now float in water.
- Fixed hoppers getting stuck trying to jump over 1 high walls (they can now jump over 2 blocks easily every time).
- Added a new creature “Road Runner”:
- The road runner is a rare creature that doesn’t like players.
- It is easily scared and will try and escape (very quickly) if threatened.
- Sneaking can be used (default key C) to get closer to them.
- GUI + HUD:
- Added new debug mode to show only the debug information without the hud. (This mode can be activated using the ‘.’ key)
- Updated player hud damage indicators.
- Optimised the server damage system to reduce server CPU load.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue where some players would end up stuck logged into a world after exiting the game.
- Fixed a case where planets would not be visible in the sky.
Outstanding Known Issues:
The following items are known issues in this release.
- Buying plinths that had wanted items set before v151 have unset them. Sorry. Going forward they will be fine.
- Chat text overlaps with HUD Text in the centre of the screen.
- Entity rendering will not always work correctly when there are multiple warps very close together, or where a warp opens up to a location very near where the entrance is.
- Gem grappling hooks retract automatically when hanging.
- [NEW] Opening or closing doors and trapdoors when standing too close to them will restrict player movement. To get out of the situation, interact with the door or trapdoor again.
- Shift-clicking an item from the selling plinth will show odd numbers and will not always go in the shopping basket.
- Shift-clicking and dragging on the coin icons from within the trading menus may cause a crash.
- Some Extractor machines lack animation.
- Some interactive blocks (crafting table, machine, beacon control) have become corrupted during the migration. This will result in at best those blocks not being able to be interacted with, at worst the game crashing when interacting with those blocks. To fix the issue the block(s) in question need to be re-placed. In the case of anything other than a beacon control the block can simply be broken, picked up, and then re-placed. In the case of a beacon control this will work, although it would result in all the plots having to be re-placed one at a time and during that process the contents being unprotected. A better workaround for a beacon control is to craft a new beacon control, place that, and then break the old one, which will keep the beacon’s plots placed throughout the process.
- The recipes are not final.
- Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.