Release 158 - Report issues here

@CloudKA

Thanks for providing a video. It’s quite hard to visualise what the beacon layout looks like, as you have placed some plots underground, but I suspect the reason you cannot place a beacon plot is because you may already have another plot directly above or below.

@Heureka

As a result, you won’t be able to create ‘C-shaped’ beacon plots. But you can create ‘L-shaped’ or ‘elongated S-shaped’ plots for example.

Ah, so the colour index information changes every time you restart the game?

Were you quite deep down underground when this occurred?

no,no,no. There is two colorindex “0” and “1” for: ingots, gems, food and healing brew. These things i have in my storage and before restart some of they had colorindex 0 and some had colorindex 1, because of that they do not stack. After i put it in inventory and restart game, they all set colorindex to “1”. Everything else has no change colorindex after restart: stones, rocks, woods, gleams, lanterns, leafs, storeges, plinths, doors, etc. (colorindex 33,39,47,0(51),45, dont remember all)

almost on lava level
i’ll check it today, maybe when you are deep effect is stronger.

the Silly Smart Stack is at it again. This time with decorative metamorphic block 1, they were probably different batches, storage was involved, when i dug them up, they never stacked properly

So now i can use my controller I’ve found a few bugs/tweaks.

• I cannot change tools with the bumpers whilst walking/running with the left stick. I have to let go of the stick before i can switch tools with the bumpers.
  • Grappling feels very awkward, there also seems to be no “feed” control, just a release. Personally i suggest using the d pad or bumpers for reel in/feed out, would be much more controllable. I find myself switching back to mouse and keyboard if i want to grapple somewhere at the moment.
  • It’s very awkward to hold B to creep whilst trying to walk and shoot at a roadrunner. I think creep should be toggleable on both controller and keyboard, not hold down.
  • There should be a visual indicator on the HUD to show walking/sprinting. I find clicking the left stick much more cumbersome than holding the shift key, but an indicator which speed I’m at would make it better.

Can you place both blocks down and check if the name of the blocks and the colour index are the same or if they are different?

This is the one that they wont stack with

this is the first one

thats the last one. i notice that the first, which is in a stack of 7, has 10 as part of its numbers, the first SSS has 12, and the second SSS has 14.

sorry i couldnt zoom in on the debug info, hopefully its clear enough to see

Does changing the Game Options for Item Selection Radial Switching and Primary Hand improves things?

Not sure what you mean here, can you explain it a bit more?

Good suggestion.

Do you find it difficult to judge whether your character is walking or running in first-person view?

Thanks for the screenshots, it definitely looks like the block have different colour index numbers, which may explain why they won’t stack.

1 Like

Is there any reason why they have different colour indices? They were all made from rock that stacked together until 891, then stone that stacked fully, then refined rock, and only once it was decorative did it not stack.

Does making them in different workbenches do that? Cuz I used 3 different workbenches, but only 1 machine to convert everything else. 1 crafting table, 1 refinery.

@vdragon

The red chunks are the ones that can not be claimed.

Are you saying you are not supposed to be able to claim a chunk above or below another without them being claimed all the way in between?

Nope, if i switch it to single hand switching i still have to stop walking and stand still before it will actually switch tools.

Well the R key is replaced by pulling the respective trigger for the grapple, but there’s no button to replace the F key. I think rather than have the trigger reel in I’d rather have it follow the usual shoot/release behaviour that the mouse has, then use bumpers or D-pad buttons to Reel/Feed. Right now i find it too awkward to use so if I’m in caves I’m back on the mouse and keyboard…

Yes first-person view, i don’t really use third person.

That is a current limitation of the beacon system yes, vertical plots ‘must’ be joined.

Yes that’s what he’s saying, it’s very odd behaviour that everyone I’ve known in boundless just finds incredibly annoying and plot-draining. It seems to be a discussion that happened a while back and hasnt been reconsidered since…

First beacon post:

@james mentioning the new change a long while back:

@james more recently confirming it’s desired behaviour (but not entirely sure why :blush:):

It’s very odd considering @james actually mentioned in the first post that horizontal and vertical structures are just as cool, so why stick a new limitation on just one of them?

Even @ben said this in the first post:

As they moved from column beacons to cubic beacons, but the vertical limitation affects our builds just as much as column beacons would have.

I’ve found that if you place a beacon in each level, say you have a 5 story building.

The first floor is a 1 x 1
Second is 3 x 3
Third is 5 x 5
Fourth is 1 x 1
Fifth is 1 x 1

You can do that, as it acts as disjointed plots, each managed by one beacon, and after that, you destroy the extra beacons. Don’t know if it’s an intended work around or just a glitch, bug or whatever

@lucadeltodecso @Wichall Thanks for the clarification. Does this affect other players being able to place in the same vertical columns as well?

on the deep much more bright

2 Likes

Should the fog here be this strong?

Few minutes later back to normal

1 Like