Release 167 - Report issues here

it happens also if I placed a beacon in an already beaconed out area.

Unable to complete the objective Setting up a Request Basket. Stuck at Add an item to the Request Basket and Set your exchange price. Did all of that but the objective didn’t complete, unless it was waiting for 10 items to be traded because there is a counter there (0/10).

2 Likes

the plots you beacon dont go automatically except with breaking a campfire

so if you break the beacon it will still be fueled until it’s empty.

you need to manually get rid if the plots if you dont want it, or let the fuel run out.

from now on the beacon control is an interface, not the source of the plots

Game crashed 4-5 times tonight during my first play session since the update.

3 Likes

can confirm, there are a lot more crashes. especially involving being around and trying to go through portals

3 Likes

it looks like all non working feats from test 166 also not working in 167
i mentioned it here

about “I’m trading” sign i got an answer, it’s not a bug

1 Like

@DanBeforeTime @Xanotos if you get a crash can you send in (or upload somwhere) the crash dumps:-

In %LOCALAPPDATA%\Turbulenz\Boundless\ there should be a crash dump file (*.mdp) that you can email in to boundless@turbulenz.com which will allow us to look in detail.

There is this Orange colored wildstock with horns that looks like its regenerating a huge chunk of its health after I shoot it with a diamond sling. Not sure if its intended or a bug.

There is, but it doesn’t work.

The issue is like this, a portal appears to be oriented correctly, then you attempt to step through and end up coming out the wrong side of the portal in the correct direction, meaning that you instantly go back through the portal. The problem is that the second time you go through you DON’T come out the wrong side, meaning you’re now in the space behind the portal you first tried to go into. Luckily my own portal network doesn’t have complete casements on any of the portals (at least, not on both ends) so I can slide sideways out of it.

Reversing the portals reverses them visually. They then operate like they LOOK like they should, meaning still backwards to how we want them to.

This has happened to several of my pre-existing portals now, and it seems to be contagious, as some portals that were working correctly the first few times through have broken while I was in game, and now work incorrectly. I can’t speak at all for fresh portals, as I haven’t made any just yet.

1 Like

What are the coordinates of these portals you are having issues with?

1 Like

Vulpto at -1781 by -2,172 and 41 altitude has both of mine that are bugged out so far. I’m hesitating to test others in case the corruption spreads.

So, after testing my other portals, they are all bugged except for three. There’s one from Solum > Solum that works (flickers like it’s gonna flip but it doesn’t), one from Nasharil > Nasharil that works, (same as the one on Solum) and one from Vena V > Andoweem that works in THAT direction, but teleports me across the room coming through in the other direction. So, that’s a whole different kind of bug from the others.

On the upside, it seems to be possible to work around the “perma-grey” portal bug by going through another portal then coming back. This seems to re-boot the other portals to working status.

Being able to see through multiple portals at once is awesome though, for sure.

Does it work when you look at a portal and wait a few seconds then walk into it rather than sprinting back and forth?

It does exactly the same thing regardless of how long I stare at it. For example, I was just AFK for 38 minutes (2 mile run and some cooldown + shower) staring at it, then went through and it still malfunctioned.

Same issue with my therka-munteen portal

It works fine from munteen to therka, but when i go from therka to munteen, i see the way from the portal but when i go through i come out the other side but still going to the same way. Its not gamebreaking just… i dont know, annoying?

That’s because the plot doesn’t go away either.

@Xanatos Coincidentally, even if you remove the beacon and then remove the plot(s) or vice versa, the plots regenerate almost instantly. I tried fueling one beacon with a single piece of wood. I guess in a few days I’ll see if the plot goes away or not.

TL;DR: Plots are invulnerable currently. Perhaps running out of fuel can kill them, or perhaps they’ll just bug into ultra-permanency.

Another bug involving portals. I closed a 2x1 portal to complete one of the objectives (Portals II, the Source), took the token out, put it back in, put the fuel back in, and attempted to re-open it. Instant freeze followed by a crash after about 2-3 seconds.

Edit: Re-logged and tried again to open it. Worked just fine this time.

I had exactly the same. Created a portal, trying to open it. Started flashing so I had to break it. The moment I hit the flashing portal with my totem, the game froze and crashed.

After relogging the portal was closed, had to open it again and that time all went fine.

And my portals are bugged too. Recreated them but does not matter. 1 way in works fine, going back you can see where you are supposed to end up, but instead when going through the portal you are flipped backwards. So what you see is not where you end up.

The update fixed the portal issue, thanks devs! :smiley:

2 Likes