Release 172 - Report issues here

i restarted still got this issue

Hi all!

When you create a new character and switch back to an existing character before the new characters inventory is unlocked through the tutorial. The existing character’s inventory is locked as well. Relogin or switching back to the new character and continue the tutorial to the point where the inventory is unlocked, makes the inventory on the existing character available again. May also affect other UI elements that are gated through the tutorial.

Also:
The left and right hand shortcuts are not safed when you switch characters.

Also, I’m not sure if choosing a starting spot on the first planet is working properly.

This is where I clicked and where I ended up spawning.
I clicked on what looked like ice and endet up in a desert.

1 Like

This may just be “balancing” but today it takes more hits with a hammer to remove a block. With a stone hammer it takes 3 strikes to remove sedimentary rock and 4 with a copper hammer. Yesterday it took 2 with stone and 3 with copper. A vein of gleam that I had been mining on a frequent basis took two plus copper hammers. Yesterday it took less than two copper hammers. This definitely has a negative affect on gathering resources in a game that emphasizes building.

It is taking substantially more hits to kill any wildlife. Yesterday it might take three hits, today a level 2 take 15 hits to kill it. Not a good return for a little lard. The animals do seem more aggressive and more common than yesterday. I had to kill 7 animals to go less than 300 meters.

This may all be balancing, but wanted to know if this was all intended or not.

welp found a glitch where if i die then the damage icon doesn’t go away and is just a big red circle

Everything you mentioned is in the Release Notes:

1 Like

The new update introduced scaling hitpoints on all mined resources based on the planets tier. If you’re mining on a middle world (which I’m assuming based on the gleam vein) then you will see something like a 30% increase to block hit points. This is intended to add scaling difficulty as you progress through the boundless universe. If you’re simply seeking basic materials like stone, wood, soft coal, copper, iron, etc., then you’re incentivized to mine on a starter world instead. There is some ongoing discussion on how to better make mining on higher tier worlds worth the extra investment in tool durability and time, and I would recommend checking out the thread discussion on that.

Animals as well have had their hp buffed and their behavior modified. You should be seeing a “threat” phase before they become aggressive, giving you a brief chance to back away from a fight. Look and listen for the various threat displays from creatures around you.

Both of these changes are made with the interest of progression and scaling difficulty in mind, a fine balancing act that being fine tuned and tweeked frequently. Keep that in mind, and please leave feedback and suggestions based on your experiences.

@kirinvar beat me to it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

But your explanation is much more detailed. :kissing_heart:
I also remember reading through the discussion about it, but couldnt find the thread anymore.

1 Like

Loving it so far.

Just want to confirm - I can only jump 3 blocks high now (instead of 4 yesterday). @alventra chatted that he is able to jump 2 today vs 3 yesterday. Is this intended?

EDIT: Hard to be sure but it looks like the air jump is only 1 now.

My skills:

Stack splitting is on my right mouse button all of a sudden. This is probably why people (think) they can’t split stacks in the stores too.

3 Likes

Hey there,

Yesterday we logged in for the first time (only to check if everything works) and logged out in front of the guy where you have to choose your starting location.

After todays update Boundless closes immedeatly after the “early access warning”. We already reinstalled it and checked the files for erros, but without success.

How long ago did the login fail? Just moments ago, or like a few hours ago? I ask because the servers were down for a few hours and I don’t know what time zone you are playing from

How are you going about trying to buy 10 Silver Ores? Are you right-clicking and holding down the right mouse button to drag and select a quantity of 10 to purchase? We haven’t been able to reproduce this. What’s the location of the Shop Stand(s) you’re having trouble with?

We haven’t seen this so far. Can you give us the exact coordinates so that we can take a look?

That’s very unusual. We’ll log a bug.

Can you explain what you mean here? Do you mean that when you hold down the Q key, the radial displays on the bottom left and right hand corner are not being displayed?

The debug coordinates and the in-game coordinates certainly do not seem to match it by the looks of it. If you have saved a location at this area could you also open the Worlds / Universe menu → Locations Tab and check whether the coordinates also match the in-game coordinates shown in your screenshot as well? If they don’t, then it’s a bug.

Thanks for the report, we’ll take a look at it.

Yes, you’ll have to use the right mouse button, although it looks like the instruction at the bottom still says that the left button is used to split items, so we’ll get the instruction changed to show that the right mouse button should be used instead.

1 Like

Just a few minutes ago :frowning:

So, I have no way to add my new alt to my existing beacon:

Not showing in my main’s friends list either:

2 Likes

I switched to my main and back to my alt in the post above.

My new character’s tutorial totally freaked out. I was at the Craft a Beacon Plotter step before switching. I now have “A New Dawn” showing which is marked as “completed”, but I cannot continue:

EDIT: Removed two reports - it makes sense to not get daily activity bonus on the first day)
EDIT: I have deleted and recreated this character. Both my new characters worked fine (but I never switched characters until completing the “Activate and Complete an Objective” quest.

There seems to be an odd bug with some portals and worlds rendering incorrectly at certain times :thinking:

I believe it went away as soon as i focused on another window on my desktop then coming back to the game, but it was strange.

1 Like

Didn’t realise stack splitting had been switched from LMB to RMB, I’ll give this a go :slight_smile:

Just confirming this - it’s far far off. I created a new character on Therka and targeted Summerville but ended up close to Therka Market. I created another character and targeted Therka Market then spent the next 30 or so minutes running to it (after unlocking compass of course).

EDIT: After teleporting my new character back to Sanctum I could not go home. “Cannot warp here” and clicking on it did nothing. Interacting with it again allowed me to go home.

Not quite. I’ve tried to reproduce it and it’s more specific then i thought.
It’s about the items that you put into the radial displays, the “equipped items”.
Log in with a character, change the order of the equipped items in the radial displays or add or remove items.
Then switch to another character without leaving the sanctum. Switch back and your change to the equipped items is reverted.
But its only an issue if you change something in the sanctum right before the switch, if you enter the world your change is properly saved.

Here it is: