[RELEASE 178] Was There a Recent Change to Hammers?

I’ve been taking a break the past few releases, and I’ve not kept totally up on changes to the game. Did something change in the skill tree or with Hammers or block durability specifically?

Diamond Hammers with full Hammer Mastery and full Power used to have a decently high-chance of one-hitting stone. Now, they always take two hits to break Stone. What might have changed and caused this?

Edit: Dang… Emerald hammers now require three hits on stone. D: Cries at loss of efficiency

Edit 2: Ruby doesn’t one-hit stone either. Why did I make a mining build. :frowning:

They changed planets, harder planets yield more items but are harder to mine.

1 Like
  • maybe you were mining at higher level planets
1 Like

As everyone here is saying, higher tier planets have more HP on their blocks, but you also get extra resource drops. This makes high tier planets even MORE lucrative to mine, while keeping low level players on lower level planets. Think of it as scaling difficulty for harder mobs that drop better loot, but with the very planet instead. Also has the added side effect of making t3 varients of stone a bit more valuable at market :wink:

4 Likes

Ah… okay… that’s unfortunate, but thank you guys! I appreciate the responses. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems they only yield more of the lowest items like Iron, Copper, Small Fossil, et cetera… so still not really worth it. Makes sense, though. Gotta have some sort of progression with planets apart from harder enemies.

Edit: Waaait a second… Is Andoween a Tier 2 planet, and Vulpto a tier 3? I’m getting up to 3 Iron per ore on Vulpto, holy ■■■■. And Medium Coal can drop 2. That’s actually pretty awesome.

You should go for soft coal on Tier 3s - easy-ish to get 1000+ per trip now :wink:

1 Like

If you max out your luck stat the drops on T3 planets are amazing, definitely worth the risk!
I’ve had titanium ore veins drop 2-3 ore per block :wink:

2 Likes

…oh no. Luck applies to drops from mining, too?

Welp. I’m kind of ruined there, haha. Already have my full specs. >.<