Release 184 - Report issues here

There should be no grapple changes in the release - so sounds like an issue. Please report all the details you can and we will investigate.

1 Like

Well I knew right away because it’s my main, but yes, he’s level 49, nearly maxed. I’ve got grapple mastery 4, which should be good enough for gem grapples, i’ve been using them for weeks so I knew for sure I had the mastery but I still checked my grapple after 2 misfires to see if there were any penalties (in purple) and there were not.
I have been using Sapphire, my favourite grapple for its longest range and being straight and true like a laser. It now fires worse than an iron grapple used to. and I can’t really compare it with iron because all grapples have been affected. They all have a terrible arc, including gems. They only make it about 4m through the crosshairs before curving down to the ground and landing about 100m below the target…
Here’s the scenario: I have an observation halo around the outside of where i’m building my base so that I can grapple to it and plan my build as I’m building it. I would use the sapphire because I would be able to have the best view. I can no longer get to any of my observation points, not even close. The sapphire grapple hook (when shooting upward) stays alive long enough to go barely halfway (that it used to), slow down, curve back and hit the ground beside me.
Let me know if there’s any more information you need there.
oh! :world_map:coordinates are 924N -379E from locations tab.

Also the mipmap levels seem to have changed… the corners of my observation halo now appear larger than the rest of the halo :joy:

A minor thing… in the extractor I see that “Wear” has been replaced with “Condition” with some numbers (which I really like!) and that has pushed the text behind the purple progress bar a bit.

Getting extremely bad connection issues since the update, Game ran smoothly on MacBook Air and iMac until the update came out, now its so laggy moving isn’t really possible. keep getting “Server Connection Unstable” popup also. My wife is also having same connection issues on her account.

1 Like

Very weird this was my issue before the patch. Lots of ping spikes and rubber banding along with the “return to sanctum” message. With the new patch I had seemed to get more ping spikes but they resolved much quicker. Like a flicker…just a lot of them, instead of like a freeze until the ping went down
Ps. Just my personal opinion (I’m not flaming) in EA, alpha/beta games I prefer to see optimization to the core game and networking other then just “new stuff” in game. *cough *cough 7daystodie
Btw I mean this in the most constructive way possible.

This release does contain significant efforts to improve the networking stability on variable quality connections. This has been an on going focus throughout development.

But we need real world data to see how well the changes improve the game.

@Nevioni and @RedDemption could you both provide the requested details here:

On my post pertaining to the latency and connectivity I followed your request and posted all the info there last night

I had points in Defence just to see what the effects were and those skills are now gone along with the points. Not crucial but I could use those points elsewhere. I had tier 1 in impact resistance, projectile resistance, and one or two others I do not recall.

The collect coin button on this shop stand has stopped working. There is clearly coin according to the UI, but clicking the button does not collect it.

EDIT: The same for my other shop stands. I cannot collect any coin.

Dramatic emphasis I’m being held hostage by my own stands!

5 Likes

High Sierra
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

imac (27" late 2013)

High Sierra
3.2 Ghz inter core i5
16gb 1600 Mhz DDR3
Nvidia GT 755m 1024 mb

64 bytes from 54.88.128.84: icmp_seq=0 ttl=47 time=98.257 ms
64 bytes from 54.88.128.84: icmp_seq=1 ttl=47 time=96.985 ms
64 bytes from 54.88.128.84: icmp_seq=2 ttl=47 time=121.370 ms
64 bytes from 54.88.128.84: icmp_seq=3 ttl=47 time=97.411 ms
64 bytes from 54.88.128.84: icmp_seq=4 ttl=47 time=97.700 ms
64 bytes from 54.88.128.84: icmp_seq=5 ttl=47 time=109.933 ms
64 bytes from 54.88.128.84: icmp_seq=6 ttl=47 time=97.342 ms
64 bytes from 54.88.128.84: icmp_seq=7 ttl=47 time=97.381 ms

Update, it seems to be a performance issue opposed to connection, I dropped all graphics to their lowest and the game ran perfectly smoothly (albeit looking like I was playing on a Sega mega drive :stuck_out_tongue: )

Not really better though as before update I could play with most settings on high

EDIT!! please ignore the info on the MacBook Pro as the game does not run at all on this platform and never has, I meant to include the info on the MacBook Air but haven’t got access to it at the moment

Yes, It was smooth on iMac before the update. Now its impossible to play.

If you drop the graphic settings to lowest/off is it ok?

Is there any one setting that makes a large difference? eg try the screen resolution at 1/4 (unplayable on normal monitors but will show if its some of the full screen effects).

Can you post a log from when you exit the game as that has some performance information in?

Dropping the graphics makes a big difference, haven’t got time to go in game to play with the settings at the moment but will when I can

Confirmed on many shop stands on at least 2 planets and after a reboot – unable to pull coin sales from a shop stand.

(tested - berlyn and elopor - stands made with white meta from berlyn. also checked to see if coin could be pulled from beacon tower and I could. tower not set to home or master beacon.)

Can confirm this appears to be a screen resolution issue, dropping out of Full Screen helps and reducing the screen resolution to “Half” fixes the issue for me

If I drop the graphic settings to lowest/off its better, but lag continues.

Just curious are you two getting the lag when in a town/near a portal? Iv noticed that’s where all my issues stem from.

Can you provide a screenshot for reference?

We’ve logged a bug. Presumably this occurs when the number reaches 3 figures?

Can you give a bit more information on what you did exactly before you noticed this?

Sounds like the functionality is broken. We’ll get it fixed.

I can no longer collect coin from my Shop Stands, its as if they are broken.

1 Like

The cant collect coin should be fixed in the next patch, now on Testing.