Release 186: Surface Resources and Places!

Aw, man. :sob:

Great stuff, as always. Also, wanted to reassure you guys that THIS is how you do Early Access. I’ve been part of quite a few EA games and Boundless is by far the best for me in terms of dev involvement with the community, cadence of releases, size of updates, and more. Keep up the great work!

9 Likes

Yeah, meteor prospecting was my main job.

Yikes. I saw this coming but I’m glad I know now before heading down again. Maybe we can one day get cave only specific mobs? I love added danger :smiley:

2 Likes

@James @vdragon

So Iv just tried out the latest update on my iMac, and am delighted to say its massively improved. had no lag at my own build or while running around Therka Market with all settings up high, excluding “per pixel lighting” <-- that one still throws a spanner in the works

So big smiles from me :smile:

haven’t had a chance to test my other Macs yet, will update once I do.

4 Likes

These will be in caves muahahaha

2 Likes

Wow, I’ve been enjoying this update very much today. Hits damage text also showing crit hits is awesome, very nice.
Also lots of surface resources, and didn’t expect those to spawn in caves also, it adds lots of nice detail that fills in the spot that was missing i.e. game feeling a bit blunt in caves (my favorite place to hang out).

Mobs in caves are spawning, didn’t have much trouble though, shot a few spitters and hoppers on vulpto. Heard a cuttletrunk but didn’t saw it. Widescan helps a lot with this.

Also like the small touch ups to the UI, nicer looking overall!

Great job devs!

It would be awesome if surface resources were craftable from drops, I’d like to use those for decoration very much!

10 Likes

Hopefully them plants will drop seeds or sth so we can bring them home and place around.

1 Like

Saw some mushrooms, glowing mushrooms, rock formations in caves and ice formations on surface Vulpto and Epsilo, sweet sweet stuff :heart_eyes: not sure what they’ll drop but it’s gonna be good :thinking:

2 Likes

Updated OP with details of 186.1

6 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

1 Like

Thanks you very much :smiley: I thought I’m imagining things haha

I really like the new spawns in caves. I’ll like them even more when they drop new stuff.

Sounds strange, but I like having the mobs spawn underground. My first run-in with a Mighty Explosive Spitter was exciting. The only down side is that I can’t leave the volume up loud enough to hear them when I’m mining during long conference calls :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe invest in widescan skill, comes handy for silent mining :smiley:

My new pet:

3 Likes

Chat open + inventory-> have to close program to get out of inventory/ menu

Without meteors on home worlds it will be difficult to make portals to other worlds

1 Like

That doesnt really make sense… to make a portal to another world, you have to be able to get to the other world in the first place to place the portal conduits on the other side, you get to the other world by warping, and if you can warp to the other world, then you can already hunt on the other world where there are meteorites.

10 Likes

lol i run into questions / concerns like this… A LOT… players seem to forget about warping… or maybe confuse one for the other or in what order they are supposed to achieved =/

3 Likes

Walked through Sanctum portal to my build. In red, on the right hand side of the screen screen: “You hit Open Warp for 400.”

?

Maybe @Oggieogham meant affording portals as in having easy enough source of oort stones.
Answer would still be the same. It won’t be a problem. You really start building portals when you already build mine and explore other worlds, meaning you are also ready to hunt meteorites and provide fuel. Portals are not meant as low level players means of travel so beginning characters shouldn’t worry about inability to craft and fuel portals early in their progression. Exploration of home worlds is easy on foot and through warps.