Release 195: Centraforge Gear and Epic Skills!

After a few hours the new color scheme is slowly growing on me. On another note, the sky is amazingly well done!

10 Likes

I certainly like my machine rooms more - they have gleam of colors corresponding with machine color coding and some of the rooms were very hurting to look at. Now even red gleam is a friend of mine.

2 Likes

I will agree the sky is very well done. I have watched the planets rising and rotating across the sky at night and during the day.

3 Likes

well I died. . my skills are different (jump and grapple) and I miscalculated and went into the lava…
I would suggest some way of knowing how many xp I still have to work off. Just thinking I have to get 20,000 xp before the penalty is removed (assuming I do not die again) is very demotivating. Especially since I only get 50% of the xp until I do. If I at least know how much I have left, then I have some idea how long it will take.

maybe putting my mouse on the nice skull could tell us how much xp is left to work off?

5 Likes

I agree that new death system is the best of avaliable decisions.
On the other hand leveling looks like hell to me now. It’s ok if you are lvl50, but if you are not and mining close to lava…

Anyway,though feats were rebelenced (still think it’s way too much in most of cetegories), getting levels takes tons of time.
Srsly, kill 50k goats for 40k exp?

2 Likes

This seems to be an unpopular opinion, but I really love the way the new lighting makes the colors look. :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

I agree @DanBeforeTime :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I don’t mind the colours either, you soon get used to them, some of the neon colours before where a little bit ott. Wouldn’t mind if the copper was tweaked a bit though back to the orangey colour, I keep seeing rubies everywhere :rofl:

7 Likes

At least I don’t have blinding flash light colors every where I go now. I guess the bloom was so high before the change that I was so use to it… Just feels like everything is slightly faded though on my end. Perhaps others have noticed that. Either way, I just want to play when the pre launch starts.

I’ve got too much stuff to build. lol

2 Likes

I feel the hunger penality while mining add up too fast, i have to always eat this yummy prime meat every min.

2 Likes

Well us dedicated miners will probably figure out what the best mining methods are come 1.0. I have my suspicions on what that might be.

I have to say I think the points are pretty well-balanced; my hunter I decided to turn into a (tanky) Healer-Bomber, I have 0 points in slingbow, but there are also other skills and attribute levels that would be useful that I didn’t take in order to take some that I valued more.
Same with crafter, the maximum level 5 can only be obtained in one of Food/Brews/Tools/Weapons/Tech, and you can only be level 4 in 1-2 other paths, whereas before I had top tier crafting in Food, Brews, Tools AND Weapons. It was kind of a painful choice, but I do think that not being able to do everything on one avatar is a good thing, so I am in favor of it; but not in favor of decreasing the points, I think 100 is a good compromise up from 80.

2 Likes

Also, with my gatherer, I didn’t take any armor, but I DID take the stealth epic… :smiley: I’ll let you know how that works out when I get some experience in it. I only had 1 level of armor before, and one point in health, but I mostly avoided danger or ran away from it. :blush:

1 Like

Maybe make health regen a percentage of maximum health, rather than fixed points?

Also, @Aridhol, you know, potions are useful, too :wink:

2 Likes

And probably some suspicions, too :slight_smile:

Names over other players got smaller I think, and harder to read.

1 Like

Can’t seem to message friends in game; at least, one friend is showing online in the Friends list, but when I go to the chat box and click ‘Friend’, it says ‘None available’

Is your friend on the same planet ? Because you can only pm if you are both on the same planet.

oh, thanks, didn’t realize, they are probably on a diff planet. :slight_smile:

I have I question. On live yesterday me and jivita tried to find Elemental mobs. We eaven hunted down the bad weather on munteen for several hours. But still no elementals are they’re gone or sill in geme. Or is it just hard to find Elemental weather an wee need to wait for new planets?