Release 195: Centraforge Gear and Epic Skills!

I am pretty sure elemental weather is not part of this Release… could be wrong.

Also this is in the patch notes:

Updated exotic creature. Exotic creatures now have extra stat buffs. In addition all creatures can now be exotic.

which is telling me that Elemental mobs are no longer labeled as such!

Exactly!
My miner gatherer was liked that in old skill system. I would spend points on stealth and speed plus jump rather than defences and sling masteries. I would only go up to rapid fire and use silver slings and try to avoid trouble so I wasn’t making that build a fighter like. There is always a way. Now I need to figure out how to do it in new skill tree but I can see you managed so whenever I sit down to reskilling my miner I hope I will end up with good enough skill set.

Well then we cant get Shards anymore on live

I would assume we can get shards its just we no longer know which mobs are elemental or not…

Nope its not 2 hours hunting and zero shards

btw lvl 2 meteors is way harder now!.

Depends on your build. I did miner/ gatherer build and i have no problems.
It should be this way if you are not specialized to it

Looks like shards has been set to its full release state where it’s available on higher tier worlds through mining? I mean mining Oort and getting shards this way? Am I far from the truth @james? Is there another reason behind shards gone from hunting rewards?

Live release seems to contain WIP launch configurations which are balanced towards 8 levels rather than 3. Sorry about this.

3 Likes

I see opportunities like this frequently in the GUI. My assumption was always that there’s no easy way to emulate hover on the PS4 and so it’s not used often so the GUI is usable across both.

I am really excited to check these new color palettes! So much that I need to check the game again (decided to wait a bit for the release before playing).

It is the “dull” color of the Oort online that I missed rather than what we had previously where everything seems so vibrant and neon where they sort of don’t blend together.

1 Like

Eating to fill up your max energy is starting to become a very tedious task:

Food%20slow

5 Likes

It is like that, at least when you stick to simple food and you invest in your Energy - real cooking time I guess.

I’m not saying it shouldnt be balanced or sth - just that there might be a reason that raw and simply cooked raw ingredients give little (so to encourage using multi-ingredient foods when you get more energy via skills).

1 Like

Only food that gives more energy without replacing my maxed persistence buff is prime steak. Whilst it is faster it still takes 20+ seconds to fill up my energy bar…

1 Like

Cooked Meat has always given 400 energy (as far as I can remember). It’s a basic food item. It shouldn’t give that much because there’s little that goes into actually making it. It’s fine the way it is.

Although I ate something some mixer crafted food yesterday, I remember now, and with around 1,5k Energy to fill up it took quite a while. The previous fast bar fill up felt better that the new chunk method. It takes a while before one can enjoy the newly regenerated Maximum Energy.
Then again, adding a bit of delay here is not a bad thing maybe (not being fully energized right after consuming food makes sense).

Try the Meaty Risotto - it’s fairly simple to make (6 raw meat and a bag of rice) and restores a massive hit of energy, whilst giving you well fed x3. It’s my main goto food when I’m doing most basic things like mining or building.

5 Likes

Since I’m running with a high-end hammer (one shots 9 blocks at a time and sucks the loot in to me) persistence food is well worth it. It would be nice to have a basic food available that restores more energy instead of churning through dozens of steaks an hour.

2 Likes

Does this mean you are going to switch this server side? And how can we expect immediate changes?

I assume better ores will be a bit more common on a maxed world 3/3 instead of a lower tier 3/8. Block health might go up though? Not sure if thats a static scaling or not, may not make a difference

Yes, totally agree here. Or ideally (diluted) buffs would stack and it wouldn’t hurt to eat three different things.

Hey I can almost see where my house is hidden from here!

1 Like