Release 196: Meteorite Lives!

I’ve noticed this issue from time to time too. I think what happens is when you have a single tool in hand, and then you pick up more tools from a crafting table with shift-click, the formation of the smart stack causes the tool to become unequipped from your hand. At least that has been my experience. I always forget to test it more thoroughly when it happens

1 Like

It’s possible there is a bug that reorders the smart stack - this might replaced the currently equipped item within the stack. If you manage to get a reproducible then please report it.

Apologies. I mean this:

Take item from pack, put into quickslot (usually right hand but can be either)
Play a bit
It’s now gone from the quickslot

I regularly have to put my axe, hammer & shovel back into slots 1-3 on right hand. I hoped it might be fixed on testing given 1.0 is close. It’s been reported in multiple release issues threads iirc.

I can’t find a logic/reproducible sequence for what pushes them out of the quickslot or I’d detail that.

Edit:

Perfect then. If we can earn a little and buy more if we need to then that’s a nice balance.

Ohh I see. Yes I can see that, although I figured it’s a high player time cost just to swap skills around.

Yes that happens to me too, but these also drop out without needing that action. (Pretty sure this issue of adding to a stack clearing the slot has been reported in the issues threads too.) Can’t find out what it is that is prompting it when it happens without the steps you describe.

This happens to me too, all the time. Mostly with my number 1 and 2 slots, but now that I think about it, it happens to my grapples too, which are in 3 and 7 slots. I’m constantly replacing my totem (slot 1 left), gem torch (slot 1 right), basic torches (slot 2 right), as well as random tools, consumables, etc. I can’t pinpoint when or how it’s happening. Annoying to be sure!

1x cleanse points per level is very generous and more than enough in my book

1 Like

If people have too many points to experiment with, then they skip part of the fun of the game, which is the anticipation of trying a new build.

You want them to have enough points to change a skill choice they dislike, but not enough to skip the joy of building a new character IMO.

I wouldn’t have made new characters in other MMO’s I played if I could just infinitely reset my skill points or if I was given too many free cleanse points. Part of the fun was making specific builds and exploring new ideas. If the game is fun, people won’t mind the grind.

I think the Problem here is, that the professionals are not getting in touch with the game. They do not know the context, so they translate it the best way, but not in the right way. :smiley:

You can check theese files (please change the path depending on your system):
E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\assets\archetypes\strings\german.json

1 Like

Ahhh i don’t know, but very much of it is just wrong translated or translated with wrong gramar.

The German Translation is currently below 3rd grade german :stuck_out_tongue:

Its like writing “Ive transferd you’re mony too you’re accound” in an English Game

Edit:
After just 6 hours, i worked the Roughest Parts out, if anyone is interested

What i have done:

-Got rid of crazy translation Mistakes like “seam” to “Saum”
-Got rid of the incredible amount of hyphen
-Named the Creatures imho better (Wildstock is now Kuder [Mix of german words for Cow and Ram], Cuttletrunk is now Tentakelrücken [Which means Tentacle Back… had no better idea :P], Roadrunner is now Rennkuckkuck [Like the Other Translators called him] and Hopper is Hopser [From the Other Translators, Literal Translation], and didn’t changed Spucker too, cause im not creative enough atm :stuck_out_tongue: ) (This way we have just Masculin Names to not get Problems with the Rank addatives like “Beherzter”)
-Ranks and Planet Types are now correct
-Proper Item Names (Example: Schluff to Schlick)
-Directions like “Southeast of x” are now correctly translated
-Warden is now Aufseher instead of Wart
-Instead of “Intelligenter Stapel Stein” its now Called “Stein Stapel” (got rid of the smart and put the stack at the end of the sentence to shorten the Output a loooot)
-The Sanctum is now called Sanktum instead of Allerheiligstes
-Centraforge is now called Zentrierschmiede (Because its Centra not Centre)
-(afaik) All Achievements that want you to be on a Specific World are now correctly formated.
-changed the Translation of Augment from “umbau” to “augmentierung”
-changed Extrahierer to Extraktor
-changed Kraftspulen (Powercoils) to Spulen (Thought about Stromspulen, but Spark got translated to Strom sooooo…)
-changed zerbrechbar to zerstörbar
-unified the Spanners Translation from “Schraubenschlüßel” and “Schraubenzieher” to just “Schraubenschlüßel”
-changed the “Full Up” Buff Name from “Aufgefüllt” (filled up like a Glass or smlr) to “Satt” (stuffed)
-changed translation of Warp from “Reiseschleife” (Travelloop) back to Warp (its useable in german too)
-changed translation of crafting table to “Basteltisch” (Dont know what it was before but it was wrong O_o)

Afaik i just have to do the Achievement and Menu Texts, get the Gramar right and after that im finished :stuck_out_tongue:

But more later :wink:

3 Likes

Thats exactly what I thought.

Copper seam is a nice example. When they don’t know the context of it being an ore deposit underground they translate it with Saum (hemline) which is also the first thing that shows up in my dictionary.

Also some strings were missing and after a few minutes with the german translation i switched the game back to english.

I’m not sure you can do that. You turned something clunky into something grammatically wrong by just removing them.

You two are right, the deeper i get, the more this makes sense. The Achievement Texts are almost all right (Because they had a clue what is meant :slight_smile: P) Only the Single Words are bad translated (But we have a lot of Item Names :P)

But hey they get payed for this and delivered such a BS, i don’t know if its a excuse that they don’t know what was meant xD

And in case of seam, i translated that to “Ader” (Literal Translation back would be Coppervein) imho that matched better than flöz, cause its in RL not as big :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t delete just all of them, i checked where it’s okay to do and tried to get the Words better together :wink: and yeeeeah i probably have deleted some that shouldn’t have been, but i got rid of “Words” like “Hopser-Thermal-Kern-Trophäe” xDDD

My Highlight btw. was their Translation from “Alloy Axes” to “Alu Achsen”… I didn’t knew that Aluminium is an Alloy O_o and that an Axe is a Tool to let wheels Spin xD

The Boundless system is different then other MMO’s and unless you play it your just tossing out conjecture and its really starting to get a bit annoying!

3 Likes

No he doesnt own the game and continues to speculate about a game he has never played…

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever had much more than 10,000 at any one time :joy:

1 Like

Blockquote We plan to find another usage for the item. Any ideas?
(I had considered the idea of using them to allow post placement rotation of blocks + items. But no one else got very exited, preferring an improvement in previewing before placement.)

@James YES! The cube was so cute, it did a little rattle thing. Can it be used to help with taming creatures later? or calming a terrified Road Runner? :slight_smile: All to be implemented later.

: sneaking through the underbrush toward the gleam, you spot a road runner. Not wanting to scare him off, you shake your Calming Totem (the light box item). It rattles, your threat area reduces further and you are able to approach the gentle beast :

Could also be used to calm a creature you accidentally attack if you threat isn’t too high, or to lower your threat in group combat.

Would be cool to see group combat, off hand for dps those that spec into it using the rattle box to keep their aggro low. Great item for healers!

:smiley: Just my silly suggestion

7 Likes

I will disagree with your characterization of my comments as not wanting a challenge. Having helped with a portal network there is plenty of hard work. My issue is with those that want to artificially limit what a player can do because they seem to perceive that it was too easy. At this point people have been playing for thousands of hours. They are going to have had time to build massive portal networks, cities, and stores. It is going to be easier for people that start the game a few months after launch. The infrastructure that will have been built and helpful community are the reasons for that.

Everyone should be able find their own challenges in the game based on what they want to accomplish. My personal challenge will be to acquire what I need for epic builds. Yours may be very different. The game can accommodate both.

1 Like

Hi…so sorry for not read all the posts…is too long for me ;(
I just only say, in the solo meteor hunting (idk yet what is the difference in a group hunting), the debuff to decrease speed is too much long.
Is annoying. Is like a constant lag.
Always in 100% because it renew all the time whit moobs damage.

Please change it.

Thank you

Yeah if you get hit with a slow debuff its pretty gnarly

I think that’s an excellent idea :grin: it would also be a very useful tool for miners and gathers as they try to avoid mobs, it’s not OP as you have to actively use it and it would be great for those that have very little in the way of defence and attack but still need to move around in the wild.

1 Like