Release 196: Meteorite Lives!

The cleanse point thing has got me. Did not expect those to be retracted and replaced with having to buy them.

8 Likes

Just don’t die :slight_smile:

I think this is good, keeps it interesting. If you wanna do a meteorite, you will not be able to corpse drag it, you will either win, or lose. If you lose you still get the dormant reward so its not a complete loss

There is a step in the tutorial just like this already. Shortly after making a campfire it instructs you to upgrade to a beacon and to fuel it

2 Likes

I saw that coming a mile away, I asked about free skill resets ages ago but never got any response from the Devs which spoke volumes.

1 Like

Honestly, they are giving us more than enough cubits to cover the difference. I think people may need to relax a bit on this. The exchange has to have some functionality… it isn’t as big a deal as some have been making it.

Maybe if players started out with a Level Up, so the first thing you got to do was decide where to spend the cubits? Give them a feel for the system?

It might not be a particularly big deal but the plot allocation seems to be being slowly eroded away through the eventual need to spend cubits on other things which affects builders the most.

3 Likes

exactly what I pointed out earlier:

1. Total plots after lvl 50 (pre-exchange) : 320
  2. Total plots after lvl 50 (post-exchange): 300 (if all cubits spent on plots); effectively probably around 280 max.
  3. Total plots after lvl 50 (post 196): 300 (if all cubits spent on plots); effectively, due to higher cubits spending on skill set building/changing etc., probably going down to 260-270; in some cases it might be below 250 (if an inexperienced players makes a lot of mistakes while building their skill sets and then buying cleans points and resets)
6 Likes

Builders are rapidly running out of plots…therefore building opportunities…therefore the will to play beyond a build or two.

Which is astonishing since the universe is going to have a lot of places to build.

8 Likes

Best patch ever!

5 Likes

If you’re planning to solo meteors, pack revive brews for a self revive- that will keep the meteor life buff.

7 Likes

How do you drink a potion when dead? Just seems weird to me, lol.

3 Likes

you drink it just before you die

3 Likes

It applies a buff for a decent period of time. Drink it when you engage the meteor.

4 Likes

Is that actually how it works? Like I’d you see you’re about to die you drink the potion?

Never used them before as I’m a squishy crafter.

2 Likes

Yeah, as havok said it gives you a status effect that allows you to revive yourself when you die, so you drink it when things are going South

3 Likes

I’ll need to remember that.

1 Like

i agree so if i make bad choice im stuck with it im pioneer now i think i dont wonna put more into game at moment and im one off the people that will def mess up skilling and im not a new player
before i was half the time wating to level up to get cleanse points and now i have to sacrifice my plots

6 Likes

Yep I’m still messing skills up too. Bit of a kick in the p̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ wallet tbh.

2 Likes

dont know how long you been around but we got a solution from the old days
image lolz

9 Likes