Release 199: New Decorative Props, Server Optimisation and Fixes!

we know what’ll do 90% of the playerbase today.

2 Likes

Yes i wonder whats the idea behind this …its over beyond stupid.

3 Likes

Moves the game in the wrong direction in my opinion.

Basically, strip mining was boring, so instead of adding more caves, or boosting cave resources to make mining more interesting and viable, people started using bombs.

And because they never updated mining, now they are officially endorsing bomb mining, which means everyone who enjoyed cave mining are left to wonder why Serp was designed the way it was, and if there’s ever going to be mining content for those of us who don’t find enjoyment in walking 6 blocks, placing a bomb, walking 6 blocks, placing a bomb, etc.

6 Likes

Nice! Great work on getting these fixes out so quick. Now to save the rest of these bombs i planned to use today for tomorrow :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Looks like this will be a great update, well done.

One thing though

Im not sure how this is going to go over with a portion of the community

Edit: sorry @bregma I didn’t mean to reply to you

1 Like

Why didn’t you guys just lower the required XP for a skillset to that of an alt?

So when I switch skillsets my first level gets 5k, then 10k, then 15k, etc or whatever?

Now we just need a revival augment recipe balance :joy:

1 Like

Durability? Does this mean we go from 90 to 180 bombs in a bag?

2 Likes

Oh thank god - no more losing raw blocks due to high luck!

9 Likes

But no more shimmering orbs or other resources, keep that in mind. Though now corruption ain’t lost by “luck” too.

1 Like

I think it’s a fair trade - and repeatedly placing/breaking blocks felt pretty cheesy

8 Likes

That’s right, I can see this causing some friction as there are quite a few players who feel the balance was already off between bomb and hammer mining. Im personally not too fussed about it but kinda wondering what the reasoning behind the change was.

1 Like

Note the “Gems should be found more frequently in caves.” You can now go spelunking with better chance of finding and mining the old fashioned way.

6 Likes

Indeed, I spent a couple hours just placing and breaking growth for orbs. Now with the regen and resources hopefully in a better place there is no need anyways.

everything looks great! 100% awsom … as usual

4 Likes

My guess would be right now hammer mining needs a revamp to get on par with bomb mining. Bombs aren’t exactly cheap for new players just hitting the diamond wall to make power coils (like where i am now) so instead of nerfing bomb mining to be on par with hammer mining they buffed bomb mining until they can figure out what they want to do with hammer mining. Just a thought tho

4 Likes

Sheesh. I felt that bomb mining was OP as it was. People were making too much money off of bomb mining. Maybe they’re trying to do a stealth buff by trying to pump more items into the economy. Dunno. I’m just speculating.

4 Likes

Nice, very nice indeed :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

This too, drive those prices down. Increase supply since now people will need to buy less. Sucks for established players, good for those trying to catch up

2 Likes

I love Wonderstruck more than I love my girlfriend.

12 Likes