Release 211: Empires - CONTINUED

so making something people use often is now not profitable anymore ?

We are going to have to use maps so we enter and exit cities different ways each time so you are never a frequent flyer.

@ark every time the servers go down footfall timer is reset. Unless I missed them changing that. But that’s how it’s always been

I don’t have any information on how the developers intended it to work out.

This was covered in the release notes. There is no expected change to high traffic builds. The decaying reward is simply meant to front load the benefits so less often visited builds receive coin more quickly

1 Like

devs changed it cuz the footfall resetting it was put millons of coin into the game in a short time

3 Likes

I want to say I’ve seen that fixed in patch notes but I’ll try to find it at some point. I need to start getting ready for work. :grimacing:

Thank you, Loadkill!

2 Likes

So guess that means we won’t see much footfall for another 5 days from now since I imagine them going down for this update didn’t reset it.

They should have reset it one last time so we could see the change now instead of a week from now

Why wouldn’t we see the change until then? If someone had visited your beacon yesterday and came back today, you’ll see coin today (at a reduced amount).

Because most of the people live in my town that would be seeing my build which means I’ll get the bottom end of the coin since they are frequent visitors.

So in order to see what the actual amount has been set to for first time visits I may not see it for a few days

Understood. So if anything, you’ll see the change immediately. :yum:

1 Like

I thought the footfall change was supposed to give us more coin to spend unless we were really, really big?

I got around 10k a day past week or so, which was a lot as compared to a couple of weeks ago, past 24 hours I received 500c on the same beacon :slight_smile:
Or would 10k a day with the old system be seen as ‘high traffic’?
Besides, before the change if the same character visited in 5 days I would get nothing until 24 days had passed!

Can’t be correct I’d say!

1 Like

Except many people like me and majorvex didn’t receive any or much footfall over the past 24 hours, so a reset would’ve been rather nice…

I only started to get tiny amounts since the last hotfix earlier today…

But if you didn’t receive any for the first visit due to a bug we still don’t have a clear picture of what the change does to our footfall now do we?

3 Likes

Yea someone else already pointed that out above you
And all my beacons are around 30k if they aren’t a main location so I’m not worried about prestige.

Release notes for Release 211.2. Hopefully this will correct some of the settlement changes.

Yesterday:

Today:

This is much more manageable. Thanks for relaxing that a bit.

UPDATE: Under today’s rules a single plot allowed my entire settlement to resolve. I still have plenty of ‘road’ plots but that’s ok and if I need to thicken at the edges I can understand how to plot them.

I am much, MUCH happier.

Is this 4 plots/4 columns resolved at plot level?

EDIT 2: Neverrmind another build shows me that this can’t be a simple 4 plot/4 column requirement. If you guys would like to share the rules it would be wonderful. Either way this is much better.

5 Likes

Usually get around 1500c per day from this beacon. This is all I’ve had since the update:

2019-01-16%20(2)

Question: @james @vdragon

:question: If a Guild hits its maximum of 100 members, do new recruits get an error message? What do they see?

:question: Do factions add to the total # of maximum members?

1 Like