Release 211: Empires - Guilds and Messaging++!

That was fast, guys. Great job!

Found a bug already though but it appears to be a display error only. Apparently, I don’t have the permissions to collect coin from my own beacon. However, I was able to collect it after all. It says that I cant but I can. Like I said, it seems to be a display error and doesn’t break anything. :slight_smile:

Game crashes each time the city is clicked in the settlement menu!

my settlement is now showing “bridges multiple settlements” (brings back bad memories…), probably because of new algorithm.
I’ll set up a guild and see if I can stitch everything back together.

1 Like

Any reason why the Guild Name Field is only 20 characters?

since update we lost 350k prestige not all beacon are connected but all are connected

You need to investigate on your beacon plot system something is wrong not first time i complain about that since a long time now.

Sometimes you just need to remove one plot or add one and its good but which? now its mess on city some parts are connected some no

1 Like

Would that be the Ultima Guild HQ in this case?

Hmm, I get that too. Thanks for the report, I’ll add it to the bug database.

1 Like

Yep, that very city

I’m having trouble with the guild channel in the chat and guild faction. Both of these controls are not in the book. No channel in the guild chat, we can’t figured out how to create it. Has anyone figured out how to do this?

Can you PM where your beacon is (world name, east and west) to @rossstephens

I cant create factions or am I doing something wrong?

Awesome!! Looking forwards to jumping on during my lunch break!

1 Like

Guild faction works like a guild within a guild, you need a new book and asigned a sister guild (faction) to the main guild. You can use the same guild book, but you get to choose which book control the main guild or the faction.

1 Like

yeah thx, i solved it.

Any insight on how the new patch settlement algorithm works and ideas on how to solve “multiple bridging settlement” issues that have now occurred post patch.
Have a large settlement (over 2k plots spread out), with various alts builds incorporated…gonna be real headache hunting down issue.

1 Like

Same here for New Leyden, Gellis, my own beacon gives the bridging message and is not counted. Lost over 2 million prestige, and oh, am not the warden of my own city anymore because of it! Funny since this update should prevent such things…

Time to use the visualizer that’s available in the debug menu now until they look at things.

Try getting all the alts in the same guild and see if that will work when you align them to the guild maybe.

1 Like

Aligned my beacon to ultima but I’m on a different planet and say I’m in an unnamed settlement and the warden in [ult] Ultima. Is that correct. Shouldn’t I be able to name the settlement myself and be the warden sings it’s only aligned @james

There is a crash opening the Settlement details for any Settlement with the highest rank - for example the Ultima Guild HQ. A fix will be deployed shortly.

Prestige values have not changed.

I laid down refined gleam and it only gave me 6 instead of 30 @james