Release 219: Exoworlds, Blink, Rift and Umbris!

Looked like I gained about 30k. :slight_smile:

Oh, this is a very minor thing but thought I’d mention it for the devs. On the notifications I get about my shops being empty, the names of some of the items changed to some garbled code-speak. Like, instead of Your Metamorphic Rock… it would be something like METAMORPHIC_ROCK_SOMETHING_122_(I FORGET) - well, you get the idea, I forget what it said and away now haha. :wink:

@scrufola @Biv @boundmore

I have a thread on portal cost. There is about a 1% loss of time via 1x2 portals and about a 12% loss of time on our largest portals with the new Amalgam.

It doesn’t seem like it is a solution for large portals. I outlined that here with some dev quotes I thought would be helpful. I hope they respond:

1 Like

Updated OP with details of incoming hotfix.

32 Likes

Do new exo planets wait to spawn until after the previous ones expire?

Is there a limit to the number of current, active exo planets that will spawn during the same time frame?

Is there anything that we do, as players, that effects the spawing/despawing of exo planets?

1 Like

So AoE tools made exo planets unplayable

1 Like

Thanks once again to you, James and the rest of the team for such a speedy fix.

Just wondering though if what I experienced yesterday is another bug or working as intended? It’s no real biggy but it would be good to know one way or the other. Here’s the post…

3 Likes

Poor way to interpret this imo. Too many players at one time using aoe tools and/or bombs. It’s like any new system introduced in any game. It’s always hammered on the first few days. The problem exists on normal planets too. Not just exos

2 Likes

People are AoE mining so they can see more blocks more quickly to find the goodies. Emptying your pack on an exo planet costs thousands of coin. You can’t place a beacon to stash the rock in tables. So all that byproduct rock just sits on the ground burdening the server. No one could have predicted that would happen but we can blame the AoE tools for producing massive amounts of low value drops.

I don’t think the pathology will taper off in time. Devs know where the perf bottlenecks are though so that’s good

2 Likes

By that same logic we could blame the inability to place beacons for storage. That’s all I’m saying. It’s a bunch of things. Not aoe tools specifically.

E: you know what, if the problem is resources staying server side like you allude to ( and not the destruction like James seemed to suggest via my interpretation) then adding a trash/delete option to players inventories would be the easiest fix in your scenario.

7 Likes

I’d gladly take all the drops with me if I had a bigger inventory.

8 Likes

pretty sure this is it, i am not keeping rock for awhile now. so when i mine i let them on ground and it genreate massive fps drop when there is a lot on ground. i think a solution would to make stack of dropped item (while they is more than one on the ground) instead of all their own entity.

Can we blame the aoe tools in some way yes but i think the problem isnt the tool but how the drop is generated.

4 Likes

All good points. I’m gonna make a spin-off thread later today with more thoughts and suggestions. Don’t wanna bury the patch notes with a balance discussion

3 Likes

@james THANKYOU. In particular for taking the stable path. There are a lot of us that trust that you guys will do the appropriate things. (Not really a choice there but its good to know). I personally feel like the game balance is something that you guys take seriously. Im not always on the receiving side, but I do feel that you are using the feedback that we give you and tempering it properly with the long term playability. Long term = many months or years. I also appreciate that when possible you take test server feedback. Its really hard to sort so many player opinions BIG THANKS.

9 Likes

I’m unable to enter game, says client is out of date, yet steam doesnt have any updates for me.

Edit - fixed - I checked integrity of game files and it downloaded something which sorted it.

oh no, it’s snowing, and about to lay down some grass…

but lo, press B and voila …

:+1: dev’s!

18 Likes

Guess you missed it.

Tho I’m actually kind of sad it was a bug.

1 Like

Nope, I was referring to the post I made in the same thread about replacing the Iron beams and poles with the Titanium ones and getting no xp for it.

I can see how it seems that I was referring to the other regen bug that was fixed, considering I made the post on that thread, thinking at the time that the two might have been related.

Shame you just can’t link individual posts here. It would help avoid the confusion. :slight_smile:

If you right click on the time the post was made you can copy a link to that specific post. If you paste it into this forum it makes the nice little preview and all that.

EDIT NEvermind I see you did that above not sure what’s missing.

1 Like

Oh very nice. Thanks for that tip, Nightstar! I’ve noted it for future reference. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh wait, yeah, it still opens the whole thread, like what I did above. lol.

With some other forums, you can link a single post and when someone clicks on it, they only see that post and not the whole thread. Something like that here would be a nice QoL thing. But, I think there are more important and bigger fish for the devs to fry these days. :slight_smile:

My fault. I only read the farm part and not the rest of it. Sorry.

1 Like