Release 23-09-2016: Spawned On testUS1 - place to meet?

The Hanging Village is coming along quite nicely! 1500,_,-1270

Shops opening up! Buy and sell!

More product to hit the shelves soon!
Message me here to request to become a villager, and help expand this community project!

10 Likes

One question is bothering me at the moment. Iā€™d like to have people building their houses next to me, but i donā€™t know in which cases I ā€œblockā€ them with my beacons @james.

An example:

I place a control beacon and choose to expand one plot up and one right.
So in my understanding, the area over and under my control beacon is blocked for others to set their own beacon, right?
But is it also block over and under the plot on the right (with beacon in itā€™s "column)?

If you want to build up a neighbourhood with ā€œhanging housesā€ on a mountain wall, this need to be considered. So, whatā€™s the answer?

Iā€™ve found a place next to a lake with plenty of trees at these coords
2195, 67, 869

Currently when a single beacon plot in a column is placed then the entire column is reserved for you. This was to stop people building over and under you build, as there is an assumed assumption that you can always extended upwards and downwards, but no necessarily an assumption that you can build outwards horizontally. (A little like in the real world.) The way beacons are placed and the space that is reserved was something we discussed extensively in the team - and I think our current solution is pretty good and strikes a balance across the many competing requirements.

6 Likes

and the Underground is full of iron coal and fossil

we need a neighbour here, to connect the village from the trees to the mountains:

2 Likes

Iā€™m setting up near spawn, just look around for the snowy mountain, and you should be able to find it.
Iā€™m building a viking-esk place.

Iā€™ve been thinking about re-locating to the village and I might take that spot.

I wanna go visit. Whatā€™s the coords?

There are the coords

Does that mean the beacon system will not get a major revision any time soon?

Weā€™re not currently working on revising the beacon system.

But we are listening to feedback on the releases weā€™ve been making and the status of the game now. If the beacon system is a major issue for you then raise it again.

I agree with @Smoothy
Atm the ā€œhorizontal reservationā€ feels more like a restriction than a protection.

I feel bad bringing up the same points again when there are still bugs to fix, since itā€™s more of a ā€œwhat does the majority wantā€ thing.
But I might post it in the issues thread even if it isnā€™t really a bug and nothing was changed since the last discussion about it.

I am on test3, no idea how to get home.

You should be able to craft a warp conduit now with rocks and timber. Once you create a warp it should allow you to warp to your home location.

Thx, i try.

Edit:
It worked, i am home again. Many thanks. :slight_smile:

I took a look in those. Might have been the wrong server thoughā€¦

Us1 at those coords

1 Like

Thanks, Havok