Release 239 is Live!

TITANS!!!???

3 Likes

Seems like the patch notes are incomplete then since I do not see all those QoL changes listed! Especially none really that are related to guilds (besides 2 mentions for game admins)…

1 Like

@SamF Could you clarify on this? I also can’t find what this means. I checked and our books/process seems the same. Was this a behind the scenes change?

2 Likes

Sure no problem - that bullet refers to this change here from the patch notes - in retrospect maybe I could be a bit clearer, I’ll edit the OP;

• Fixed players being able to end up with two (or more!) primary guilds which would cause flip-flopping of guild buffs and associated guild as you entered worlds.
1 Like

Did I read this right is the only thing we are getting is creative mode? Or is their going to be a content drop this year say combat update?

How about we get a PS4 exclusive update next time?!

It can release to PC when creative mode gets released to PS4?

:grimacing:

Just kidding! (kinda, maybe!!!) :innocent:

I’d be interested in seeing what’s been exposed for the Modding API, but I’m really not that well versed in LUA right now. I used some in minecraft to mess around with the mod ComputerCraft back then, but I can’t seem to grasp that language as well as others. Was there a point where many scripting languages were considered ? C# or Python would have been awesome for me. Still, I’m curious to see what I could manage to do.

Honestly i’m not upset at pc getting stuff ps4 doesn’t have. It’s limitations by Sony not the devs here. Maybe i’m used to it playing ffxiv, since pc can use mods like damage calculators or altering their appearance on their own screen while still being a crossplay game.

1 Like

So in creative mode, are we not going to get our backer bonuses when exchanging cubits for plots?

I know we can just continue to level and get the cubits, but it sure takes a long time to get enough for planet spanning builds.

From Release 239 notes

This is all part of being an incomplete prototype. We plan to give players more control about the rules that are applied within their Creative world, include disabling regen, settlements, permissions, etc.

4 Likes

This right here is a very important word.

2 Likes

You technically can, but it’s still against the TOS, right?

1 Like

Mods? FFXIV allows pc to use mods. I think they are planning to crack down a bit on what you can do though. I’m mostly speaking on features lagging behind for ps4 and it being common in online games. BDO doesn’t give ps4 new classes until months after PC gets them.

So are we getting a new content update soon?

Does this mean we’ll finally be getting a public roadmap so we can understand the direction the devs are taking the game?

2 Likes

Lua is designed to be easily embedded in other applications, that’s probably the main reason.

Is it just me or does chat not scroll to the next message anymore when it’s open? I had to keep stopping to scroll last night during the hunt…super annoying…I couldn’t see which direction the leader was saying we were going :unamused:

3 Likes

Yep - it’s a known issue. We will get it fixed.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.