Release 242: Beacon Reclaims and Compactness - continued

I was thinking of doing this, but figured using multiple beacons to skirt compactness would be considered an “exploit”

3 Likes

This might seem like a harsh answer, but if you only have the plots for the outside border, your build is exactly the reason compactness has been introduced :confused:

4 Likes

The soft creamy center needs to be unplotted for creature spawns…

I see what you are saying, but… the center can’t be plotted or its not going to work

1 Like

The only thing you could do is make the overall perimeter smaller or widen the border/perimeter plots to try to bring the compactness score up.

1 Like

Ya, looks like if I thicken the border, it takes the score up enough to keep going around. Thx for the tip =D

3 Likes

I also noticed that making one plot grids you can keep your compactness positive for a bit more surface area. But eventually you need to start filling gaps.

1 Like

You can plot it higher up in the sky or down below ground and it won’t stop creatures from spawning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You beat me to it. Yeah, I was thinking maybe one plot above shoot a line of plots down the middle.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.