This post continues the release notes from Release 242.
This release fixes the issue around deleting beacons (rather then reclaiming then) which would leave characters in a state unable to recover items from another reclaim. It also puts in place a little logic we required to fix the characters broken with the primary release. This includes:
- Characters disconnected from their user when removing themselves from a Guild, and
- Characters deleted a beacon and now are unable to recover items from a reclaim.
We will now collect the data required and repair these characters. We estimate this will be completed tomorrow.
If you’re waiting for these fixes to your characters - they’re nearly resolved and thanks for your patience.
GUI + HUD:
- Text input is now WYSIWYG for colouration and emojis; coloration will be shown in the actual text input, and emojis shown as the actual emojis.
- As you move the cursor into an emoji or color-code element, it will be expanded out back into plain text again dynamically.
- Color-code elements not being manipulated will be shown as a faint coloured cursor indicating where the color-code elements exist in the text.
- Chat-screen input will also show the current default-input-colour correctly in the text you are typing.
- Fix emojis from being able to hit the profanity filter.
- Fix emojis not working correctly with word-wrapping in the game GUI.
- Fix emotes and phrases in chat to work correctly in presence of coloured chat input (aka if you had previously set your chat to have non-standard colouring via gleam club). This also fixes the phrases themselves to be coloured where appropriate.
- Hide action logs and tips about expiration/reclaim when deleting a beacon - they are irrelevant and confusing.
- Added a workaround to try and fix an issue where PS4 could randomly fail to load textures when running from an SSD.
- Fixed issues in updated inventory management which led to trades being allowed, even though the final inventory operations failed. (We temporarily disabled trade in the last hot-fix to force no more bad trades could occur until the issue could be fixed properly); and of course, fix the issue that stopped the inventory operations succeeding in the first place!
- Side-effect of fixes for trading also fixed issues of not being able to craft on a machine in some cases even though there was space in the output when considering empty sub-slots of smart stacks.
- Removed entirely for now, the “mist” weather effect that had large in-your-face particles which rendered badly, particularly with held/skill lights, and which caused a lot of flashing as you ran around.
- Fix client seeing invalid newsflashes and action logs relating to regions discovered on a world when transitioning through a portal. This also lead to not seeing newsflashes about discovering a new world correctly. There were no XP exploits involved here.
- Fix beacon-visualisation map not displaying unless turned off and on again when entering a world.
- Fixed an issue for attached-to-block blocks like crops, torches and surface resources would not Reclaim correctly.
- Fix missing titanium color name.
- Fix issue where the player health was too low whilst in the sanctum, and after each portal transition before resetting to its normal value once leaving the portal debuff state.
- Fix not being able to set prices after migrations for selling plinths with non-tinted items like Oort Shards in them (workaround was to remove the items from the plinth and add them back again).
- Fixed reclaiming beacon storage that contained nothing but Coin from locking a player unable to reclaim any further storage, and fixing the coin-recovered modal not appearing correctly in this case.
- Fixed deleting (not reclaiming) a beacon that still had footfall coin uncollected from generating a reclaim storage, and instead dropping the Coin as an Item to be picked up as was the intention.
- All users should now have their characters restored.
- All users should now be able to recover Reclaims.