Release 242: Beacon Reclaims and Compactness!

The Known Worlds are shared by everyone and only together can we create a thriving civilisation.

6 Likes

I again read - with great interest - that the 242 release does include a (prototype) shopping api. Until today I found one small article that gives 2 formats to use via http request and requires that my http app uses a list of boundless item IDs (instead of speaking names for each item, which I believe are also UNIQUE). What I did not find, were functions like:
a) enumeration requests to gather (all) shopping stands of one specific player and/or lists of all users that have stands on a specific planet.
b) enumeration requests for all stands (filtered by specific users ?) that offer specific items.
c) the trivial enumeration of all items offered in one specific stand.
d) points a)…c) also apply to buying stands.

Last but not least, I search for a complete description which properties of an item in a stand (ID, name, prizes, owner of the stand etc) are delivered with a get request for one item.

Oh, and I do not want to forget that there should be some error messaging when a request can not be satisfied! Just not responding or returning an empty result is not really good.

Is there hope that I can access the above mentioned information soon. Without it, I doubt that good api using apps can be provided to the community. I have now more than 45 years of software development on my back and know a wide range of languages where some (Javascript, Python …) could be used quite nicely. But a small junk of docs - dont need to be final - is what I would like to find.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Ah, some addition question about the shopping API:
How do I have to apply for that “key” and what are the rules to “prove” that I have the knowledge to implement a http app that uses the given API. Is there a code review of my app and what are the documented rules how to implement that code? Who is the person - in your company - that can be contacted for that process?

PM @James for all the information, etc. He would likely be the first contact.

Based on at least what we saw in testing that design would likely fail but as mentioned by others we don’t really know until it is tried. They have a compact rating if I remember right and you can see as you get close to the failed state.

1 Like

Have you taken a look at the official docs?

The data they serve is the same as the knowledge shop scanner displays, you get that list of sell/buy orders (depending on if you requested sell or buy orders) on that planet(server) for that single item with 1 request.

You can develop against the creative server with no API keys, or against the test server with an api key from the devs.

2 Likes

I don’t think there is any forced removal. You just sit in that state until maybe someone complains and they review your situation. That beacon would just be restricted like mentioned in the notes from more plots (not being used to fix the issue) and no prestige/footfall.

You would not need to empty anything. Just work to close gaps and raise the compact score.

1 Like

How does one get an API key for the shopping API @james

Huge for PS4 players (I mostly play on PC but have it on PS4 as well with a single character).

1 Like

Oh good. It will take me sometime to fill in the gaps.

Awesome.

Better get that spaghetti out of my way

2 Likes

:spaghetti: anyone know where buugi’s base is? I need to put up a sign!

:rofl:

3 Likes

Everywhere

3 Likes

Now there is a new value. My compactness is at the critical level (18\100). If the indicator falls below zero my prestige will automatically become equal to “0”?

2 Likes

yes 10 chars

You did not know?

ALL OUR BASES BELONG TO BUUGI lol

2 Likes

The territory "added today"is marked in red.
Prestige has grown to 70. The status of the settlement’s founder returned. And the planetary rank of the city.

8 Likes

Some solid and much needed changes here! I view this as an absolute win!

4 Likes

Is there a chance we could get a remote beacon removal option? I’m not sure about how much benefit is gained vs. development time to add it, but it seemed like a cool option for me atm :thinking:

2 Likes

Updated OP with details of 241.1 fixed.

Some of the issues require a client update. This needs to be built and sent to PlayStation for approval. This could take up to 8 hours. Hopefully faster. We will need a brief downtime to deploy once approved.

20 Likes