Release 247: Sovereign and Creative Worlds!

I’ll reiterate as I mentioned earlier in this thread, the test notes have creative bridges with a 1-blinksec requirement, which isn’t the case in the live universe, … So I’d like to know what else is different compared to those test notes.

3 Likes

Have the full release notes been put anywhere yet? I may have missed them. TIA.

2 Likes

Do want to make a suggestion here: to please consider allowing selection of planet a sovereign will be around - limiting it of course to the appropriate server and tier. Though I know if this were to be implemented at this point, would probably need to allow current ones to choose too in order to be fair, which would be a lot of work, so can understand if no changes are made.

But my reasoning here is: given that there is no limit on what you can buy, what we are now seeing is that you CAN choose the planet you have your sovereign around within that server and tier - if you are willing to spend the money until the dice roll goes your way. And I know I’m not the only one who is doing exactly that. And I plan to again… I’d like to get a Shock around Alcyon. It is a 50-50 coin toss on the USW server to get it on a T6 (I think all T6 servers it is 50-50?). So, I’ll just keep rolling until I get it… I mean, at some point I may give up, but taking a few shots a week gives me a little entertainment. But it struck me - and this is why I’m posting this (I really don’t mind spending the extra if needed myself, it isn’t for my own sake truly, I enjoy my rental experiments) - that this gives me an edge over somebody who can only afford maybe one roll. Same for my T1 keeper, took a few rolls but got the one I wanted. A little extra spending cash here is the ONLY thing separating me from someone who has to stick with the outcome of a first roll.

So perhaps worth giving a try to just let people pick, for that reason and to keep me from littering the Oortiverse with more orphaned worlds? :wink: Yeah, having worlds at all IS maybe an edge in itself, especially having multiple worlds, but it just seems in this case that it is a matter of just spending more cash if unlucky your first try to get the same thing… I see it as different than playing with the biomes or trying to get a more ideal world. And so far I don’t see problems from clustering even with some of us doing this? (My own T6 resource hub appears to sort of be an exception really)

11 Likes

I just ordered my first world, and there is a 30% chance it’s going to be around a world I don’t like and don’t want to portal to directly. I’m not willing to spend $10 to reroll right away, so it could take me months of expire->reroll to get my world where I want - and that assumes I’m not building on the world in the meantime. I definitely second this.

4 Likes

so i bought the fuel…how do i fuel the planet again?

From the main menu, go to Shop and then Redeem. You can enter your key in there…

4 Likes

awesome thanks just did it!

2 Likes

Is there a way to choose where planet ends up? My base/home is on serpen anyway I can ensure my planet ends up close to there?

If you’re creating a T5 in US East then it should be connected to Serp as it’s the only other T5 in that region.

3 Likes

What about alcyon what region is that in?

It would be nice for those of us that running guild sovereigns to allow our coguild masters the ability for admin users rights on the planet. This way if someone gets on, joins the guild and wants to start building then they are not waiting in Limbo to build because the other guild master has the ability to give them permissions to build.

I have already found myself once having to sneak away from work to allow someone to build on the sovereign and it would make management of a guild sovereign much easier.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.