Release 248: Halloween 2020! šŸŽƒ

Zzzz its over run!!!

James-chan letā€™s have extra days for the event pleeeasseee I give you a :cookie:

1 Like

Can we get Color Changing Exo before Valentineā€™s Event so we can collect all the colors of wild flowers for the Cherished oorty collection please @james chan

(Yes me like to annoy you boop :heart: )

6 Likes

Hey devs!! If we could get a color changing exo here like Cookie suggests, I promise I wonā€™t gripe or throw out my random theories about everything for at least a couple weeks! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Worth a shotā€¦

Serious note though, if any of you are reading - lot of newer players due to the Steam sales, who havenā€™t gotten to see one of these probably. Would likely be creating a lot of enjoyment with a click of the launch button there. :pleading_face:

9 Likes

Itā€™s something I never really figured out with Exos.
Theyā€™re manually launched?
Theyā€™re not periodically generated by a script or something?

1 Like

I am pretty certain that they are auto generating them now. But they can launch them manually, thatā€™s happened at least a few times.

Since events appear to be auto-generating now too, curious if the Lovestruck special exo will too. :crossed_fingers:

On the color-cycling ones, Iā€™ll go ahead and throw out a modified idea of something I posted earlierā€¦

I could see not allowing us to rent T7s so as to keep the lucent stuff rare. But on the colors, one thing that could generate what I think could be some pretty easy extra revenue - on the shop page, for each rental world option, have below it another option for a color cycling one of the same size, $20 total more. So $29.99 for a 3 km one. Everything else with the form the exact same.

At that price, there will be bites for sure. It would be a huge help to the builder sorts, especially with a small player base now. Yeah, it will lower the costs of some stuff but you still have to gather it and wait for the cycling and all. Making any tier rental color cycling (just scrap the color selection page of the controls for this, btw, auto-finalized) would be a big boon in allowing biome selection that would make the farming easier. Wouldnā€™t have the marble like the special one they launch, but could pick stuff like a T1 with Gleam Lake and Strata slice or suchā€¦ or go high tier, gather nice colors while mining or hunting. Any beaconed area would have to color lock though I suppose.

3 Likes

I believe the lucent Exos are now automated.

The color-cycling Exo is an experimental type & I believe thatā€™s still manually spawned.

4 Likes

Havenā€™t been on an exo in maybe a year, so by ā€œcolor-cycling exosā€, you do mean that for the lifetime of one exo-planet, which is around 3-4 days if I remember correctly, its color-scheme will change?

2 Likes

Yes, the color of all plant and rock type resources changes color every X seconds.

4 Likes

Funny how I completely suppressed the memory of this happening. Likely because I never go on exo-worlds. By Glob, imagine the madness if there was a permanent world like that. XD
Itā€™s a fun idea, but it would drive me insane, because I only went on exo-worlds to get one specific rare color. Though I guess it can be really interesting to farm a spot of gleam with a regen-bomb on such an exo-world.

I mean, of course, the superior idea wouldā€™ve been a world where you have 2 (or more) color-palettes being used randomly at once depending on the biome. Now THAT wouldā€™ve elevated the game a ton.

3 Likes

Yep, and the special exo they have set up for it (it is a T4 Lush) even has a few special blocks like marble on it. :slight_smile: (They created it to celebrate the anniversary of release so there are marble present boxes scattered around, plus cakes with trampoline blocks!) The cycling is VERY addictive! :grin: Been so long since we had one - I think it would be a real treat for the newcomers. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh now the exo with boxes full of crafted things like marble, now that sound super interesting even to me. Weird how I completely missed these news.

Iā€™d even go as far as to say that this should be baseline, seeing the current health of the game. Itā€™s not like theyā€™re risking much.

2 Likes

Yeah, one option would be to throw this special one into the automated pattern, maybe let any T4 be a 50-50 shot of it. :thinking: If too rare - like if one launched now - only thing is, there arenā€™t TOO many spots on it for the special blocks. One biome generates themā€¦ IMO the best spots are where you can hit the marble, deco stones, and gleam close to each other, but even with a smaller base now the prime spots could get crowded. I agree; I think it could only help - Iā€™m thinking of doing some more building again and it would be very useful.

1 Like

Iā€™d say, just have one spawn in once every 2-3 months or so on a separate timer. Same thing would be nice with the gleambow exos that arenā€™t released.

3 Likes

Totally agreed. :+1:

ā€¦ Iā€™ll add, as much as I love Gleambows (you all might have seen how many rentals I put up for itā€¦ :joy:), if I had to pick one or the other, I actually prefer the color cycling, as you can get larger quantities for building. It is very chill, too - perfect to put music on with and zone out! :smiley:

3 Likes

Thing is, we donā€™t know how long the game still has, if itā€™s 6 months, 1 year, moreā€¦
Iā€™d definitely try to push these more than once every 2 months, at least once a month (kinda like how WoW has a week every month where the Darkmoon Fair event gets triggered, with mini-games, songs and such).

IF the servers are shut down in less than a year, youā€™d want to have as many of these events as possible while we can. I donā€™t think the playerbase is at a point where we can say ā€œoh no, this would destroy the gameā€™s economyā€ or something.

3 Likes

Can there be a better way other than trading like me I avoid trading like the plague only cause I like Giving not Receiving Boop

That why I like throwing things all the time drop and run away boop

1 Like

Mothers Day Should be a holiday for Boundless James-chan we should do something Special for Mothers Day

4 Likes

I didnā€™t think it worth itā€™s own thread, but some sort of tiny update when I launched the game on Steam a minute ago?

Which monthers day do they do it on tho? The american one or the real one? :smirk:

1 Like