This update is accessible via the “Live” release of Boundless on Steam.
Please restart Steam to make sure you get the latest version of Boundless. If the update happens whilst Steam is open it’s unlikely you’ll get the latest version.
The update should automatically download on PlayStation 4.
Please close and restart Boundless on PS4 to encourage the system to check for an update.
Please report all issues discovered with the update with a new post in the #support thread.
Crafting + Resources + Equipment:
- Halloween is back and this year we have added some extra creepy content alongside last year’s event.
- The Crafty Cauldron has been added to craft from workbenches to add a Witchy feel to any build.
- Brand new “Creepy Seed” which can be planted upside down becoming the new Bat Crop! Once harvested, the Bat Crop will reward you with a new Bat placeable Bat prop.
- 6 brand new Halloween Brews with various themed effects, all of which crafted in the Mixer using Spooky Orbs.
- Kraken Brew: Grants the consumer double the air when exploring underwater.
- Zombie Lungs Brew: Will give +2 atmosphere protection to all atmospheres when consumed.
- Mummy Brew: Sets the weather to Clear for the consumer.
- Yeti Brew: Sets the weather to Snowy for the consumer.
- Nessie Brew: Sets the weather to Rainy for the consumer.
- Gravekeeper’s Brew: Sets the weather to Foggy for the consumer.
- Brand new The Zombie and Skelebones character skins are available in the Exchange (including previous Halloween Masks). Big thanks to @GeorgeGroeg and @Apt for those.
- Four new weather changing Quirks have been added to the Centraforge system for all forgeable items. These will change the weather for the wielder when equipped.
- Clear Weather Quirk
- Rain Weather Quirk
- Snow Weather Quirk
- Fog Weather Quirk
- Added a new special Halloween sanctum created by @GeorgeGroeg, including: toxic spiders and loss Oortlings to find.
- Added a new admin only lod0 map generation endpoint to generate maps slowly in the background. This will allow us to generate maps more regularly instead of only during updates.
GUI + HUD:
- Removed World Shop tab to external site after guidance from Steam that it contravenes their rules.
- Fixed an issue where querying data from a world as it is being terminated would send the client invalid data for purging data about the world.
- Fixed an issue where Mountain Climber IV and Mountain Climber V had the same target value.
- Fixed the balance in “Work For Hire” feat series and should now be obtainable by completing objectives.
- Added a new admin only beacon endpoint. This will allow us to export beacon maps more regularly instead of only during updates.
- Fix for not being able to remove guild members, or to reject guild membership requests, if the character concerned had been booted from their primary guild and not since logged into the game.
- Fix “public” being toggled based on not only the VISIT world-level permission changing at runtime.
- Fix Bat tint-mutation.
- Allow locked private worlds to register their new server location after migrating between servers.
- Allow PS4 Pro to select between Default and 60fps target frame rate. This will allow Boundless to run at 60 fps on PS5.
- Reduce logging from gleaming lighting which was spamming the server logs.
- Close a transform-chisel exploit on non-finalised sovereign worlds.
- Fix an issue where crafting XP would not be rewarded to characters that have performed crafts inside a beacon where they did not have ownership or villager privileges. This allows players to still get XP if their permissions are revoked after crafting and if specifically granted on machines via Advanced Locks.