Removal solvent not removing boons

you need to use Solvent 1 to complete remove the boons and yes this issue been there for a while now.

Boon removal 2 gives back 100% of boon points

if you gained boon points before using it there wont be enough space in the boon bar to give back all the boon points, as such the boon is not removed.

To (essentially) gauntee the boon gets removed, use boon removal 1 as gorilla suggested

1 Like

Correct, the removal solvents all require there to be space in the boon/quirk/defect bar. No place to put the points that your draining from the thing your removing… no removal.

I filled the bar 100% and then points went into a new boon. If I remove 100% of the points and put them back in the bar there should be room. But still I am occasionally seeing this not work right and leave the boon maybe with 1 point left.

Yep, then thats a bug. Perhaps the one others were talking about. I’ll be honest, I primarily use transform or decon as I forge mostly high end gear. So I’ve never actually run into this one. Good to know the signs…

This is a known bug that they still have not fixed, I complained about it awhile ago.

There’s no fix for this at present, but I’ve added these comments to the existing bug report in the database as a reminder for it to be fixed.

4 Likes

Is there a list somewhere of required conditons for forge ingredients to do what they say they will do?

To be fair I don’t even know if this is what keeps happening to me as this was the first boon on the item.

Trying to do basic things on the forge like make some copper heal bombs is really the first time I’ve been put to rage by any game mechanic in this game.

Cooled down enough to log in and take this apart.

Ha ha ha decon is your friend.

When using gums, it is important to note that while it increases your chance of those gums, it isnt a gaunteed thing. In my experiences using 2 gums has roughly a 1/5 chance of still giving a different boon, using 3 is even lower chance but the possibility still exists

Referring to this list (hasnt been updated with new boons yet but a good enough example), using the special gum on a bomb gauntees that, assuming you dont get bad rng and roll a different boon, that you WILL get either regen or healing bombs. The only issue then is which one it will end up being, which we have no control over.

In my experiences using 2 special gums, 1-2 solvents then resetting if you dont get the boon is the cheapest way to go about it. If you do get it, using reduction gum to have a better chance of not wasting more colvent on unwanted boons also helps.

I ran this forge at times with 1-5 gums.

Based on my very limited experience 1-2 gums gave me the wrong boon, of a correct type. 3 - 5 gums was much more likely to return a venerable boon (twice speed buff bombs) or some other random boon like glow.

More on the topic of this thread. When you use a boon removal solvent 2, the visual activity in the forge appears to show the boon being removed, and then replaced. I WOULD SWEAR that in fact on one occasion, the boon that was put back on the bombs was a different boon from the one that was removed.

TBH by that time i was very frustrated, and can’t 100% say that I didn’t use some more boon compound because in fact once the boon was removed successfully, although i again got the wrong boon on the next roll.

The tiny bit of description indicates that trait reduction gumis used to affect the chance of rolling a new boon, nothing about limiting boon selections to the specified gum when there is no boon on the item.

Are you saying that in your experience using trait reduction gum on an item with no existing boons is effective at limiting the selected boon to the list of boons for the gum you have applied?

No, im saying that trait reduction helps develop the one boon once you already have it, and has no effect if there are no boons currently on the tool.

As for boon removal, i find it easier to go completely without it - if you have to spend vigour and/or stability removing and adding boons you may as well reset the thing, atleast in my experiences.

I disagree. I only reset the thing if the 1st boon is incorrect, because i try to get the most RNG boon 1st, if anything other then that boon shows up in the 1st slot, then I reset everything, so after I have the 1st boon which is the most problematic one, using the boon removal on the 2nd and 3rd boon is better then starting over.

But everyone haves their own ways of forging.

„You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.“
-Friedrich Nietzsche

1 Like

If I return to the forge, I will probably never forget that a bad first boon is a moment to deconstruct.

It’s a 50/50 roll. 1 gum, 2 boons. I did have no idea that it would take 7 or 8 tries and just never hit. The odds of that in a non-weighted RNG would be ridiculous, but it doesn’t account for the odds to get a random boon too I suppose.

First boon is bad, decon. HUGE lesson in that for me.

I don’t know how the boon removal solvent didn’t take off the first boon though. It’s why I don’t think it’s exactly the problem described in this thread. While I may have swapped to pure boon after the boon was removed - admitting a possibility that I did something and this was not a random boon transmute effect, i should not have had too many boon points to return them to the bar.

It did in fact remove the boon after several attempts, which indicates to me that “too many boon points” is not the only problem here.

I’ve no been told by someone that boon removal solvent does

1: remove the boon
2: return the points
3: roll a new boon

Is this in fact the intended behavior?

Not necessarily roll a new boon, it adds the points like a boon compound does and everything after that is like having added points using a boon compound, ie. it rerolls. This does not have to result in a boon just like every time you use a compound you don’t always get a boon…

Boon removal is supposed to work like this

1 Drain all the points out of the boon in the highest slot.
2 Add 50% or 100% of the removed points back into the pool (Up to the cap of 1000)
3 Remove the boon
4 Reroll the slider
5 Add new boon or adds points into an existing boon if slider is in range to do so

The bug with Removal 2 can cause this to happen.

1 Drain all points out of boon in the highest slot.
2 Add 100% of points back into the pool (Up to the cap of 1000)
3 Reroll the slider
4 Add points back into the boon that was supposed to be removed, or makes a new boon or adds points in to an existing boon, if the slider is in range to do so.

Since you were using Removal 2, you will get inconsistent/confusing results due to the bug happening sometimes. which will fail to remove the boon.

Isn’t it removing the most recently added boon, the topmost, not the highest? Also what does this mean exactly?

edit: I guess that means “depending on if the boon slider misses”?

He means topmost == the highest (in the list of 3 possible boons) :slight_smile:

Ok that makes sense, to me highest meant the highest level :sweat_smile: Semantics can be confusing sometimes…

1 Like