Rename Stations

I think it would be nice if I could rename stations. For example

Crafting Table I can name Wood Crafting.
Another Crafting Table I can name Stone Crafting.
etc

Maybe name storage boxes or containers also so I will know what is in what when I hover over the item.

1 Like

Storage blocks show you what’s in them, so I don’t see the point of that one, and signs are coming soon which you can use to label the tables…

Many blocks look alike though, so it can be confusing. I also do not know how well the signs will be. If they are easy to read, what they can be placed on, if they can be placed on a wall above a station, etc

The sign concepts look great. You should check them out.

And by blocks which look alike I assume you mean the machines. All I can say to that is after playing for a while you remember which are which.

Either way, I would like to name boxes instead of having to work to see what is on the bottom row.

I also do not want to put signs in my house…just does not seem like signs should be in a house.

I mean, if you are gonna hover over the storage block anyway, you may Sewell just press e, and I don’t really see a need for it. That’s just my opinion though.

Except sometimes the game lags when I open stuff…and what if I have over 100 storage chests eventually?

I feel like that shouldn’t happen, maybe that’s an issue with the game. I don’t see rendering the storage gui as a particularly resource demanding thing.

Well what if chests are added later? Like where you can’t see what is inside?

@Stretchious, thanks for the clarification :grin:

That chest thread is an old concept that was replaced with storage blocks. Afaik chests aren’t going to be added. Things change though, so I could be wrong :wink:

4 Likes

Storage blocks rule :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Will there eventually be bigger storage blocks? Like instead of placing two next to each other?

Not as far as I’m aware. If there were, the items in them would be displayed too small, which I think would defeat the purpose of the open fronted storage blocks.

I mean like it would be the same size, just be longer and take up two spaces. Or like if you put a storage block right next to another, it merges into one big block. When broken, it turns back into 2.

It currently merges a 3x3 grid of storage shelves into a wall of storage. Is that what you mean?

Storage blocks. Not shelves. Putting them next to each-other shows the inventory of both at once. However when looking at the block, they are still separate.

Soooo… a minecraft chest? There is no plan to impliment additional storage types that I’m aware of right now.

Not really…you place two storage blocks next to each-other and then the line dividing them disappears.

I don’t guess I’m understanding what you mean, I’m sorry. Can you better illustrate somehow?