Render distance on ps4

My main question is if there is a way to up the render distance on the PS4 Even more?

The reason i ask is because i like to build big and detail a lot but the fact is because its big even blocks become blobs. Add to that that i know PC players can have a very big render distance so it annoys me a little :wink: its not game breaking for me but still i would like it if I donā€™t have to ā€œput my nose against the blockā€ to be able to see how it looks like.

Also not really up to date but might be related.
Will boundless become available for the PS5? And maybe a better version of boundless then the ps4 version? As hardware might be beter to support beter boundless life (as in rendering for example).

@james or any other dev.

Just wondering as i am working on this.

And got this shot

By practically pillar up and over to get it

Again just askin and not demandingšŸ˜‰

4 Likes

I actually use the render distance to gauge when I can grapple. As soon as it renders details I am in range or very close :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I would love more options on graphics settings

On PC, you can turn some settings down and turn render distance up. But on PS4 these options are not available.

You can set textures and portal effects way lower on PC than on PS4. Also, you can disable more effects, turn textures down etc, which actually makes hunting way less laggy.

Maybe people would hunt more if they could set their PS4 settings such that hunting isnā€™t an absolute lag fest.

#pcmasterrace

3 Likes

If i am honest the setting for high or low download rate (think its for chuck) doesnā€™t even seem to do anything for me ^^ so i have it on high.

But love the ability to scale up/down settings depending on what i need for the activity i am doing.

1 Like