Rentable Planets?

Anyone know if that is still gonna be a think at some point?

I personally would still love to have them in game and the thought of 20 new planets popping up at releace or even more would be awesome to see xD

6 Likes

Depending on cost I might do two planets. One for me myself and I and one for the guild.

1 Like

Ooof don’t get me going on this again. I’m just being as patient as I can. I have such big plans for modifying the game files and making Boundless a totally different yet just as entertaining play experience.

You know , be Boundless :grin:

4 Likes

I 2nd 3rd and 4th this request.
if we could use the world builder or have someone use it for us that would be awsom to. I have an idea for a cool planet but would require some major world manipulation.

1 Like

I would get one just so that I could make a build and not worry about stumbling on someones random beacon just to unplot it all

2 Likes

Unless they need the money right this second, it would be better for them to build the content the game needs before opening up the rental planet can of worms.

1 Like

I know they’ve said they’re implementing them, but no timeframe on when

1 Like

Yes it is still on the roadmap… there are still key components that need to be developed like the permission system for the planets. Some of the recent updates have been bringing various things in that they needed for this. No ETA last time I asked at the beginning of the year.

7 Likes

Just want to say thanks for conveying to us information you have access to in your personal meetings/conversations with them. They don’t have time to answer all of our questions, and you’re one of the few that has access to them that seems to take note what the community is searching for and conveys our message to them and theirs to us when they have little time in between. Wish more oortian backers would do the same.

2 Likes

Darn. I came back specifically looking to see if there were rentable planets or private servers to buy where I could set my own permissions to do away with gleam club. Really miss the game.

1 Like

Pretty sure he’s the only one at that level

Then jump in- it’s been pretty great lately

There are many others, xald is just swell like that.

1 Like

Oh I’ve never noticed anyone else posting on the forums with that title.

27 others have it, I think like 5 are primary key holders, but some backed so long ago that they’ve already had a years+ worth of dev calls

1 Like

If population gets much lower we might just have our own planets lol

1 Like

Oh no there are quite a few of them. Keep your eye out. I’m always looking for their posts trying to glean any info they might drop in a passing comment. Pretty easy to make speculative decisions on game play if you keep an eye on their posts.

Yea looking at the list of the 27 of them only a hand full actually really talk about things like that. And some of them aren’t very active on the forums at all.

There are a lot with the title because many people shared the cost to get the Oortian upgrade and one person in the groups that shared became the primary key holder. That person would get certain perks and not others like the calls, item, planet, etc. Very few of us paid the full amount ourselves.

Either way, I’m glad to share but I sometimes it is very hard because the chats are very limited and so much is done by the devs on a daily basis… it is hard to keep up.

5 Likes

Hey Havok, hope you’ve been keeping well. As much as I want to play Boundless again, not being able to rent a planet/server is an issue. I haven’t kept up to date with Boundless at all so I’m not sure how the settlement absorbent avoidance is (remember the road? that was a gripe of mine which still stands). I’m sure a lot has changed. From browsing the forum I see mention of things that just didn’t exist when I played. I’m sure there’s a lot of fun to be had, but you understand how much absorbance has irked me in the past so I’d hate that to happen again.