Renting a Sovereign

So, I was looking at renting a sovereign, but can’t see any option to do so in the shop! Am I looking in the right place?

Here’s a pic, if it helps…

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

The shop is separate from the UI.

2 Likes

Thank you, @cagian!

1 Like

Depending on how many rental planets are in the queue for creation, it may take up to 24 hours for your planet to spawn. More info:

I have some more questions if people don’t mind…

Do portals work the same with sovereigns as with the normal universe?

The reason I ask, is, I was building on Circarpous, so I could link to the TNT hub with a 1x2 portal only, and keep the oort costs down. I would like to link a 1x2 portal again from my sovereign(not created yet) if possible?

It seems from the FAQ, that I can’t pick which planet my sov will orbit, but how would I at least increase my chances of orbitting circ or getting somewhere close? For instance, if I were to choose a tier 4 lush caustic sovereign(which circ is), would this go some way in helping me?

Thank you.

1 Like

You can create a 1x2 small portal to the planet that your planet orbits. If you aren’t sure which planet it orbits, go to your locations/world menu and it should be in the details.

Yes, you should be able to create a 1x2 portal to TNT Circ (if your planet orbits it). You’ll need to create a World Control and beacon supplies & take them with you to your Sov. Set up a portal there to add a token to. I’m sure someone with TNT would be happy to help you set up a portal in their hub, if there isn’t one available.

When creating a sov, they will generally orbit around similar tier planets. For example, having a T6 sov orbit a T1 known world isn’t possible. .

I think @bucfanpaka is our planet-spawning guru. She can prob give you some good tips.

2 Likes

Good news if going for a T4 or T5 - there is only one of each on each server, so no roll of the dice there. :slight_smile: Unless they add more permanents. So, a T4 EU will always end up on Circ, a T5 USE always on Serp, ect. T6 is always a 50/50 shot, though it sounded from a reply James made about this that it might not be truly even odds, it might weight the existing planets in determining where it goes. The type of planet (Burn, Lush, Coal, ect.) doesn’t play in.

2 Likes

@majorvex @bucfanpaka Thank you both for your replies, you’re both always so helpful!
I didn’t even think to check if there was more than one T4 on the EU servers! lol!

Thanks again!

2 Likes