Request to stop nerfing footfall

Why would they do that? I’ve always found that to be a rather silly mechanic - why do monsters even need money?!

Why would a wildstock or cuttletrunk have coins on them?

4 Likes

just to clarify @wolfpack2012 statement about request baskets. hes recoining his baskets using footfall from his shop in the ultima city. nto from hub beacons. cause hub becaons belong to me. and 95% of the coins goes to request baskets for oortstones rest goes to me so i can buy materials for building the hub and maintance work. ppl who know us know that we dont have millions of coins. at curreently at 40k coins on all toons i own. all coins are in oort resuqest baskets. so plz do not spread false info :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I did, I built a bridge! It was awesome. Saves people a 10 minute walk to this day.

1 Like

Do you have any idea how much the people that run those hub work? If jump in the ultima discord you can see mutiple post requesting portal /service every day.

Who are you to decide what they do with the coin they worked so hard to earn? With all the work they do for community, they cant use the leftover coins to fund/build a shops or do anything else to have fun.

4 Likes

Incidentally, a work-around for simple footfall generators like bridges, until things get fixed, is to remove the beacon and place it back again. :wink:

Sadly, that’s not feasible with large structures, but simple ones like bridges, it’s annoying but in the end, only costs a few leaves.

1 Like

Every planet has a capitol, but portal hubs are like the capitol of the empire.

I don’t think this works in every situation… plus my bridge is 20+ plots long. I’d hate for somebody to ninja a plot in the middle.

Well, if you do the re-plotting when there’s no one around it shouldn’t be a problem. 20 plots is annoying, but nowhere close to the annoyance of structures like shops and hubs. I’m fairly sure you’d have to remove and replace all baskets / shop stands / portals each time you wanted to reset the footfall cooldown that way.

Of course, the best solution would still be to get the cooldown fixed.

1 Like

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind it. Lets see how people really think the game works or not, when you rip out portal hubs and force people to actually explore, and have to travel through the Warp Augment. Warp Augments only get used twice, once in the tutorial to get to the first planet from the Sanctuary. Then once when you visit a brand new spawned in planet, before you plop down a portal for everyone else to use. It’s a very useless item.

But get rid of Portal Hubs, make people have to actually physically travel around instead of taking 2-5 minutes to go anywhere in the galaxy, and see how ‘Balanced’ the game’s grind is.

Oh trust me, I know how hard it can be. Which is why I get mad when people just say:

If it was easy to do, I WOULD do it myself, but I ‘Cant’ do it myself. No one can. Portal Seekers and Ultima HQ isn’t just 1 person, it’s a massive group of people working together.

So. Ahem. Where does this bridge exists? For reasons.

I would say no, cause it’s a public Hub Network for the public. They built it out of the kindness of their heart for the community, so any money made from the hub network should go towards funding hub network only.

It would be like someone in real life, making a police work force, that got paid for each crime they solved. And then taking all that money they earned and only 10% of it went to actually maintaining the police work force and the other 90% goes right into the creators pocket to spend on whatever he wants. It wouldn’t be right, morally.

I’m of the opinion that you should get a footfall bonus for staying under a certain amount of shop stands/ request baskets vs. Prestige. Give a bonus for non-shop services. Builders should see better rewards.

No, it’s a private hub funded by customer use. That’s called a “service”.

They are not the government, they are a “private company”.

2 Likes

Even if you were profiting a vast amount, I don’t see the problem. This is a part of the game. There’s a great deal of ridiculous envy going on here. This is a game of economics. You built something that is amazing and useful. It was privately built via your own work and is graciously not locked behind closed doors. It cost me NOTHING to use. Many people use it and you profit. In simple terms: You’re winning. Other people in this thread are losing. And they are mad about it. They have two options: get over it, or…

Not.

Seriously though. I am beginning to wonder if certain people even have a job in real life.

2 Likes

You can have a plot on my bridge :joy: we can be neighbors!

Terrible comparison. This isn’t a government utility.

It’s more like a cable company or a taxi company or an airline.

1 Like

This is a game! Look at this way, if you have a shop and you make footfall do you suddenly owe that coin to community…No! Same goes for the hubs they are the owners and thus get the right to do whatever they want with the coin. Nothing in the game rules mentions that a “public” hub (everything in the game is technically public unless you lock it) has to give that coins back to community.

2 Likes

Let me expand on what I mean by:

I mean that this isn’t a work of art, it isn’t there to just be looked at and then you go away. It’s a ‘public service’. It something that anyone can walk up to and use. It’s not encased in a building that is locked where only select people can use it. ANYONE can walk in and use it.

It’s a community service, to help the players, to help the game, and to help the community as a whole.

It’s not something that players should be making money off of. It should be using the money it makes, to fund itself only, and not taking advantage of the players.

The more you guys defend it, the more you guys make it sound greedy, and taking advantage of people, and not being there to help the community. You make @Hashmalash and @wolfpack2012, and the Portal Seeker guys sound like they only made the hub for the money and nothing else. That they are allowed to prey on people, make money off them, and spend it on whatever they want.

You guys make me not want to support Portal Hubs anymore, and ask for the Devs to build Portal Hubs for us that are public and free to use instead.

Making them look greedy? You do realise that these guys have the knowledge and the know how to craft and build anything they want on their own without the need to spend a dime.

No, it’s a business. Again, think airline, not PUD.

And yeah there is some greed. A healthy amount of greed is good. Greed and ambition are what fuel and drive progress. An economy is a profitable exchange of self interest.

3 Likes

By the way, as far as “not being able to to build your own hub”, that’s nonsense. I am a solo player and I have enough stored Oort Stone to easily start up my own network. The reason why it would likely not be successful is not due to material costs, but marketing and brand recognition. Ultima and PS were the first and thus the most well known.

1 Like

You’re not paying anything to use the existing hubs, are you?
So they’re already free to use from your perspective. But they do cost a lot of maintenance from the hub owners, that you are not paying for, and you’re claiming that no one should pay.

They subsist on footfall. So you’re not really losing anything, are you?
Don’t want to give 'em footfall? Stop using them.

You’re not losing coins by using those services, you’re just complaining that the effort that some people put into their builds, shops and services are being rewarded, because you’re not willing to put in the effort (including finding other hard working players to share the work load) to make your own hub. That’s just “If I don’t want to have it then no one should!”

And that’s just silly.

4 Likes