[RESOLVED] Character still connected - 1hour now

Can you report roughly where are you playing from??

boori marrah on Boori i was on my base

I am on Lutrion, in my settlement of Dub-T

1 Like

lasagna… i mean lasaina

4 Likes

I mean in on Earth? NA? EU? Country?

2 Likes

ah ok lol Belgium

LOL, ohhhhhhhh facepalm

I’m in New Zealand

1 Like

South Australia. rofl!

having trouble also and im from the east coast

We have a notification from the AWS (the hardware provider) that the machine is failing.

We’re going to migrate the worlds to a new machine.

11 Likes

I wonder if we could be compensated with a new perma tier 4 AU world

Nah but seriously good to hear its being worked on, keep up the good work as always

5 Likes

@james
Thanks, I was able to enter the game.

Worlds should be back online, with the hardware change there’s also an ip address change which might be cached in the game client. If you’re trying to connect to one of the Australian worlds and can’t try restarting the game client and it should fix it.

13 Likes

Good job guys, impressive for sunday :+1:
Thanks

3 Likes

Three cheers for @blake!!

Hip hip…

9 Likes

Hooray …

4 Likes

couldn’t connect to my home on boori, read this thread, restarted client, successfully back home…ty @blake and @james :+1: :boundless:

1 Like

Honestly tho, I think we should get more T4 planets anyway!!

Quite a few people want to build on higher tier worlds, some choose a T4 since it’s closer to the lower level planets and allows one to travel faster. Some chose T3 too I suppose for that sorta reason. I would like to build on a higher tier world but do not want to have to run thru a gazillion portals to end up on lower tier worlds so a T4 for me would be best then as well, but the ones we have now aren’t that numerous we could use a bunch more!

Give AUS two T4’s and the other 3 region a second one for 8 total! For starters… I wouldn’t mind 12 total either :wink:

Also, would love it if higher tier worlds would be easier to reach and a system in place for visitors to survive without atmosphere protection. Perhaps beacon buffs, like guild buffs, is something to consider!

4 Likes

Did everything go okay?

1 Like

Yep it was all fine, it’s actually a relatively simple process.
It’s something which could be fully automated but given the rarity of actual hardware failure and the potential for disruption/data loss if you were to react to a false positive we leave it as a manual process.
I think since launch we’ve had 2 maybe 3 actual outright hardware failures.
The only problem this way is it means we have to make sure someone with the ability to do it is willing to be available outside work hours, if we want to avoid too much downtime when something does go wrong.

6 Likes