[Resolved] Testing 245: Beacon Reclaims unavailable if already recovering a reclaim on sovereign world and it gets locked

I was recovering a reclaim on my sovereign test world at the time it was locked. This seems to be preventing me from accessing both that reclaim or any others on the public test worlds.

Edit: This could potentially cause problems if a player decides not to keep renting, but has an open beacon reclaim item recovery process on the sovereign world.

2 Likes

I haven’t played with reclaiming but is this not expected behavior? Looks like only 1 reclaim can happen at a time and if you’ve already started it before it got locked then i don’t think you’d be able to re-kick it off while its in progress?

Yup, only one active reclaim at a time… but if I can’t get to the one I already started on the locked sovereign world, I can’t recover any other future reclaims.

Now that I am back on the world, I can continue recovering items.

“as expected” ? the reclaim process on a locked world is not instantenous (cant say what the expected delays will be yet), but until that process is done the reclaim is still technically ongoing and wont allow you to do another yes.

for testing here, the worlds only remained locked for a short time and I dont believe the processes to trigger the remote reclaims from the backend side is fully running yet, so you would have had to wait until the world became unlocked again in this case.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I am misunderstanding your reply here, or if my phrasing required additional terminology to differentiate between “reclaiming a beacon” and “accessing the reclaimed items”.

What I meant was, you can only access the contents of one beacon reclaim at a time. This appears to be locked into the Master Beacon Control where it was initiated “as expected”.

However, I was accessing the contents of a reclaim on the sovereign world, so when the world was subsequently locked, I could no longer finish emptying items, nor could I access those contents on another beacon control outside of the sovereign world.

So, if a player decides to discontinue paying for a rental world and leaves a reclaim in this state, they then cannot finish emptying the contents of that reclaim nor can they ever access the contents of any other reclaim.

1 Like

they can reclaim that beacon remotely at that point and once its reclaimed they can start reclaiming another beacon (including that one which will now have merged the contents of whatever it was in the process of recovering).

2 Likes

Ah ok cool. Good to know the content will merge. I thought they might have been discarded, but glad that’s not the case. This is a non-issue then. Marked as resolved.

What if I have stuff on reclaim storage activated and I get booted from planet. Will those items get deleted or going back to reclaim?